-->

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I still miss you Diana...






I just love watching the story of the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton. I think they make a stunning couple and I love the fact that they have been together for so long. They have taken the time to get to know each other and the royal family is providing the support that Kate will need to get through the media frenzy and living in the public eye.

Amidst the entertainment of all of this, however, I still can't help but think of Princess Diana every day. As you may remember, she is one of my favorite people of all time. I followed the stories of her from the times she felt isolated to the illnesses she suffered from and finally to the way she turned her life around and lived a life for those in need and the people in general. I also loved following her style...I couldn't get enough pictures of her in her beautiful dresses...suits and bathing suits...she was a class act.

My favorite part of this entire engagement is the fact that Prince William gave Kate Diana's engagement ring and specifically what he said when the press asked him about it. He said, "since my mother is not here to share in all of the excitement, this is what I did to keep her part of it all."

I do hope Kate continues some of Diana's beautiful traditions...in the meantime, enjoy these pictures with me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...