-->

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Birthday Boy!



So....Zack is officially a teenager!!! I still remember him climbing onto my lap the very first time I met him...he was 6! I was eating carrots and dip at Bainbridge's in Chelmsford and he says, in his little Forest Gump voice "I like carrots." This is a statement we all still use today.

I feel melancholy...he is no longer a little kid but he is such a special young man- one of a kind. He keeps us laughing and he always has a positive way of looking at things.

For his birthday, we surprised him with a brand new set of golf clubs and some practice balls and then Grammy and Papa got him a kickin' pair of golf shoes....he is ready to go!

What he asked for, however, was something unique and completely Zack...a birthday dinner with all of his favorite foods. So Rob and I both slaved over the stove for a couple of hours to make it happen...we had a ball!

The menu?
Dad's "Cheeseburger in Paradise Meatloaf"
Holly's Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tostitos AND Celery
Bagel Bites
Curly Spicy Fries

and for dessert?
Holly's Dirt Pudding Dessert complete with Gummy Worms

I need to also mention that last week, Zack hit his first ever career homerun!!!!!! All of the coaches agreed, "it couldn't have happened to a nicer kid!"

Happy Birthday Buddy- Love you :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...