-->

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Monthly Musings- End Of Summer and Back To School!

 

 
 
 
 Please join Patty 
and me today...we are chatting all things Back To School and End of Summer...See the questions above!
 
 
1. Do We Have Kids Going Back to School?  What Does It Look Like?



Well, as always, where we live is complicated- our town is difficult- nothing is ever cut and dry and everything is a fight.  I see it first hand now since my husband is on our school board and right now is pure torture.  Anyway, we have two different scenarios in our home this Fall.


Eva is going into 1st Grade and she is able to attend all 5 days.  Diana is going into 7th Grade and she has to follow a hybrid model.  This is very frustrating especially when all of her friends in surrounding towns are going five days/week.  The reason being is that so many people wanted their kids in five days/week and we just don't have the room to do the proper social distancing.  Blah blah blah....


I am sorry if I sound negative but if my husband would let me move to the next town over, I would in a heartbeat!!  Anyway, we will make it work and this is what it will look like for us
 
 
2. Do we have any Back To School Traditions?
 
 
Yes we have a few.  First things first, we shop for new clothes and school supplies.  On the first day of school, we have our tradition of pictures where we write on a chalk board the grades the girls are going into and I always make a special dinner.  This year, I have a PTA meeting that night too (unfortunately it is on Zoom)




3. Did I have any Back To School Traditions growing up?

Yes about the same ones I am sharing with my girls now..that is where it all came from!


4. New lunchbox?  Backpack?  Both?

Both...although Diana is in middle school and we can't call it a lunch box anymore...it is a lunch bag/satchel ;)




 
5. Any special Back to School meals?


This year I am making spaghetti with oil and garlic- an old Italian tradition and one of my girls' favorite dishes!


6. What Are the Back To School Outfits?


Diana will be wearing a romper and her Birkenstock sandals and Eva will be wearing a copy of last year's outfit (her request)- White Tee, Gray Tulle Skirt with Polka Dots, Denim Vest and Sparkly Silver Shoes with a big bow in the hair!  



7. Especially this year, how will you stay organized and get into a routine?

In "normal years" it takes me a good two weeks to get into the new school/dance/activities routine while balancing a full time career.  Bottom line, I am exhausted every night!  This year, I am expecting that it will take us a little longer.  The first two weeks, for both girls, will be hybrid.  After that, when Eva goes back full time, I expect that we will take another two weeks to get settled.  Our family calendar is key and like  I have mentioned before, meal planning helps to eliminate some stress anyway.


8. Do I have any End of Summer plans?

Lea and I are going away for my birthday- I am so excited to have one on one time with her and to be able to distract her for awhile from some sadness in her family....and as far as the kids are concerned, just swimming as much as possible!



9. What are we looking forward to this school year?

The Spring!  No joke...we are hoping and praying for a vaccine and a return to more normal activities.  For Diana, that will mean her usual three shows in the spring and getting back to live theater!


10. Do we give teacher gifts?


We usually do on the holidays, not the beginning of school



That was fun.  Wishing you all a healthy and successful school year in your parts of the world!
 
 
 
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

I hear you on all the school stuff--it is so frustrating and stressful! My kids start all online but there is talk of them going to hybrid in September. It changes by the day! Enjoy the rest of your summer break!

Good Better Best Food said...

I cannot imagine how hard it is for Rob to be on the school board right now. Hang in ther sweet friend you totally have this.

Xoxox
Patty

Natasha said...

Coming from a country where a lot of what happens on the school level is mandated by the province, I find it so interesting that different schools can have different ways of going back. That said, each school board is using the first two weeks slightly differently, depending on the size of their district/how many people want to go back in person, but by September 18th, all the schools in the province will be on the same routine.

I hope you enjoy your birthday weekend with your friend. And yes, I'm so hoping everything will be back to normal in the Spring. We're getting there slowly but, oh, it's slow...

My Glittery Heart said...

I feel so bad for all the school boards right now. Such hard decisions to be made!

Tanya said...

Hoping y'all have a great start to the school year. Thanks for the fun linkup!

Joanne said...

That's what happened with our school too; so many wanted to go in person and the schools just can't accommodate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...