-->

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Warm Kale Salad





So, I was trying to find foods that were both soft AND healthy after dental surgery.  I was instructed to avoid crunchy foods for a week or so.


Last weekend, I whipped up homemade chicken burgers for my little fam and needed to find a good side for Rob and me.  The girls were good with their carrots and grapes on the side BUT again...looking for something soft.


I started looking up warm salads and got inspired.  I figured it would be a great way to get veggies in without having to crunch SO I got inspired and whipped up my own concoction and I loved it BUT more importantly, Rob LOVED it too! 


In addition to not wanting a crunch, I also didn't want to have to turn the oven on during a heat wave.  Two big challenges?  Yes but I prevailed with the help of my trusty microwave :)


We loved this so much that I wanted to share the recipe with you!  So here goes nothing....


What you will need 

6 cups of Kale (leaves only)
2 cups of Mushrooms, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 Tbls. of EVOO
1 bag of Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning to taste
1/2 log of Goat Cheese, cut into disks


How to put this together

Lay Kale flat on a dish and cook in the microwave 
Cook 2 cups at a time for 2 minutes each

After each bunch is steamed, add to a big bowl

Heat olive oil in pan and saute onion until translucent- about 5 minutes

Then add chopped mushrooms in and cook until softened

Add mushrooms and onions to bowl with the kale

Next cook your gnocchi in the microwave-follow the directions on the package.  Once done, add those bad boys to the big bowl too



Season with the Bagel Seasoning and toss some disks of goat cheese on top and Voila!


Just delish- so very healthy AND you didn't have to turn your oven on- FTW!


4 comments:

natalie said...

Wow that looks good! I cook that gnocchi in the air fryer and it turns out great too!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

YUM definitely saving this recipe!

Jadieegosh said...

owow this loooks so good!!

Jadieegosh

Good Better Best Food said...

Hope you are doing Better after dental surgery!

Hugs!
Patty
GoodBetterBestfood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...