-->

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cranberry Peppermint Kir Royales

Cranberry Peppermint Kir Royale Cocktail




So I found the original recipe on Epicurious.com about 4 years ago. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was pure cranberry and champagne. I recreated the cocktail for a Christmastime treat and named it Cranberry Peppermint Kir Royale Cocktail.


The original recipe is as follows:
* 8 tablespoons frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed
* 1 1/3 cups chilled Champagne

Pour 2 tablespoons cranberry concentrate into each of 4 chilled Champagne glasses. Add 1/3 cup Champagne to each glass and serve.

My addition for Christmas is to add one snack size candy cane to the rim of every glass...you can even rim the glasses with additional candy cane crumbs...it looks and tastes like Christmas time and the peppermint adds just the right amount of sweetness to offset the tart cranberry flavor.

This has been a fave of Jenny G's...I am sorry she will not be around this year to share one with me! I will forever have memories, of making these for her and my work friends at Foxwoods...when I was pregnant (and no one knew yet! Had to pretend I was enjoying one too) ;)

So raise your glass!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...