-->

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dining Al Fresco with the Hubbo








So..we finally made use of our deck this Summer. It has been challenging as it rained in New England most of June. The first great weather we had, we were on vacation so here we are.

Friday night, I whipped up an awesome Tyler Florence chicken recipe on the grill (attaching it below for your convenience!) I did make a few changes. Instead of chicken thighs, I used chicken leg quarters AND I did not skewer them up. I grilled the pineapple and the chicken separately and it was wonderful!

My hubby and I enjoyed unwinding on the deck...eating dinner...sipping sauvignon blanc from our favorite area (Marlborough, New Zealand) and listening to Michael Buble on my Pandora station...via laptop! Rob lit the tiki torches and I lit my honeydew melon candle and it was a perfect night :)

Chicken and Pineapple Skewers

Ingredients

* 1 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 whole garlic cloves
* 1 lemon, juiced
* 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
* 1 fresh pineapple
* 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
* Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

In a saucepan over medium heat, add the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, mustard, sugar, garlic, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook gently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside and cool.

Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan. Cut each chicken thigh into 2 pieces. Peel the pineapple and cut it into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Alternating between the chicken and pineapple, thread the pieces onto the skewers. Brush them with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Remove the garlic cloves from the barbecue sauce and discard; put about half the sauce into a small bowl for later. Brush skewers with some of the sauce. Cook them on the grill, basting regularly with the barbecue sauce, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with reserved barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.

1 comments:

Jenny Wren said...

That salad looks amazing! I have been all over your blog and FB today- you have just really been on my mind- like a vibe. Miss you and love seeing your happiness xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...