-->

Monday, August 31, 2015

A Tour of My Home Office



If you asked me 10 years ago if I thought I would be able to have some flexibility with my schedule, my heart would have sank, and I would have said NO.  In fact, I remember sitting on the beach by myself and sipping an iced coffee...saying prayers and asking God to help us get unstuck...help us to be able to afford a baby and the associated childcare costs...but I never thought it would be possible.


Well enough of my deep thoughts right?  By the grace of God....coupled with the beauty of technology, I was able to continue my career trajectory, with flexibility (who woulda thunk) and two babies later....I am writing this post from the beauty and comfort of my home office.


I go to our corporate office 1-2 times a week, but most of the time, you will find me recruiting and producing from my little piece of heaven (at home).

I write this blog on the side and for all of your blog writers, entrepreneurs and freelancers out there, you should check out WeWork

They provide shared office space  in various cities around the world.  Besides beautiful spaces, they also offer tons of benefits and discounts for people who freelance, run their own business or are looking into creating a startup!


  I love looking at their website as well as the bloggers who link up and who are utilizing their services.  I also find other bloggers who give us tours of their home offices....and so I am doing just that today!  I hope to be able to see more of your home offices too.

The biggest focal point, of course, is my desk.
It was a birthday present from my hubby, right after we moved into our dream home, three years ago.  It was a major splurge from Pottery Barn (with the accompanying rattan swivel chair of course).



Behind my desk, on the wall, sits my self- designed wall montage- humor me.  It contains inspiration- sentimental photos- and some of my Boston favorites.

I wish it looked neater but you must know, I really do all of my work here!  In addition to my computer and piles of paperwork, you will find the following, left to right: Sky Blue and Silver Lamp from Home Goods, Picture of My Hubby and Me (from one of my favorite date nights of all time- PF Changs in Boston and then to see Jersey Boys), picture of my girls, rattan baskets to keep my bills organized and to hold pens and chargers, a clock and plaque that I was awarded by the WHS Football Team for My Commitment to the program, books, my water bottle, My Lilly Planner from Janie, Legal Pad, My laptop and letters I am sending out, My Lilly iced coffee cup from Janie, flowers from  my hubby, a picture drawn for me by Zach when he was just 6 years old (hence the frame), a picture of my fam in Maine this past summer, notes, a painted bottle that my BFF brought back from Key West for me back in the mid 90's and a decorative vase with potpourri also from Home Goods...oh and my golf visor for some reason....just enough clutter ;)



 
My office is also my favorite room to catch up on my shows...I love the coziness and the light in there....our most recent purchase was this wall unit from Jordan's Furniture

My office is also home to the toys of one special little "Pidge".  It acts as Eva's playroom too and it is the best location in the house for keeping her safe AND keeping an eye on her...Exhibit A "The Toys"

and not to be outdone...and so you don't forget her, Diana had to make an appearance on this post ;)

and the rest is just pure coziness :)
Lamps from Home Goods

Love Seat, Chair and Ottoman from JC Penney- Knit Throw Blanket from Pottery Barn

Coffee Table and End Tables are 18 years old and they were originally from Jordan's Furniture


What does your home office look like?


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...