Chicken, Fig and Prosciutto Rolls Recipe
- 1-2 chicken breasts per person
- 1-2 teaspoons of fig jam per chicken breast
- 1 slice of prosciutto per chicken breast
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese per chicken breast if you tolerate/enjoy dairy
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons of oil of choice
- optional: balsamic vinegar
- kitchen string
What to do
- Pound your chicken breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap until they are about 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Pound it flat
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of fig jam over your flat chicken breasts.
- Lay a piece of prosciutto over the top of the jam layer.
- Top the prosciutto with a slice of mozzarella (or cheese of your choice) if you want to include dairy.
Ready to roll
- Now roll your chicken jelly-roll style and secure with kitchen string.
- Brown your little rolls in a frying pan over high heat with the oil of your choice (I used ghee).
Brown on all sides
- Put your browned chicken rolls into a 220 C oven (425 F) for an additional 15-20 minutes. I cook with cast iron pans so I just put my pan right in the oven. You could also transfer your chicken rolls to an oven proof dish.
I love my cast iron pans that can go right into the oven
- Optional: drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.