-->

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mel's Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Mel's Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup



Mel is my favorite blogger and always shares the best recipes...this is one of my faves!
4-6 chicken breasts, cooked & diced
1 large (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce
(I use medium, but you can use mild or hot)
1 medium onion, chopped
(Or, if you are a cheater like me, I buy the pre-diced onion. My eyes are SO sensitive to onion & my eyes water so badly. The pre-diced stuff is the best invention since sliced bread!)
1 can chopped green chilies
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn

For the garnish:
Corn Tortillas
Avocado
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Green Onions

Here are the Super Easy directions:
1. Boil your chicken breasts until fully cooked. Then, dice them up!

2. Place diced chicken, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, mined garlic & corn into your crock pot.
3. Pour in chicken broth, add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper.

4. Stir.

5. Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 to 3 hours.


About 30 minutes before you are going to serve the soup, you need to get the tortillas ready!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil (or vegetable oil, whatever you have on hand!)

Cut tortillas into strips (I use a pizza cutter) then spread on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.

To serve, put tortilla strips over soup.
Then, I garnish that with sour cream, shredded cheese & sliced up avocado
 
 

1 comments:

Christina Lea Loves said...

YUM! I am so ready for fall for some more soups and this one looks fantastic! Crockpot AND mexican soup - yes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...