-->

Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekend Recap (from Small Town America!)

It's weekends like these that remind me how much I love my community- how much I love living in a rather small town (not so small anymore) and how Fall is one of the greatest times of the year (still love my Summer but Fall is oh...so...fun when you have kids and all of the associated activities)

 
 Friday Night was the Annual Blackout Cancer Football Game at WHS.  I helped put together a table for our upcoming Turf Fundraiser/Halloween Bash with some of my best lady friends who are also my fellow WW Board Members- we had a ball!








 When it was time for the WHS Football Team to march out, I still get a lump in my throat.  We miss watching Zach play so much.  Regardless, it was a magical night.  I snapped this short video of the NEW WHS Band as they played for the crowd

Then it was time for the players

and then finally game time!
Diana and Rob came after the first Nutcracker meeting.  She was THRILLED when we bumped into her 2nd grade teacher and her daughter- those two little sassy girls are kindred spirits and had a ball catching up!

Our home team won but more importantly, looking around that night, we realized yet again just how amazing our community is.  Over 3,000 people were there raising awareness for Pediatric Cancer and showing support to our families in town who have been touched by this horrible disease.  I was proud to be a part of it for another year.

Saturday morning it was time for our ECE Clinic.  The girls learned alot again and more importantly, had a killer dance party- check it out!

These little nuggets crack me up!





After our clinic, we went to visit Grammy at the hospital.  She was so happy to see the girls and it did get very emotional.  I'm glad we spent some time with her and the girls were so proud to bring her the chocolate chip cookies we made :)

After we all enjoyed a much needed nap, we headed on over to Beth Ann and Matt's for one last summer swim.  It was a relaxing evening wrapping up one of the best summers ever.  The kids had a ball in the pool and the adults enjoyed many laughs over a delicious dinner and yummy drinks.

Minnie and Teddy had a Love/Hate relationship ;)








Yesterday it was game time!  We got to cheer at home and our team won!  Despite the rain, our girls gave it their all!  At halftime, they performed the routine alongside the Londonderry Cheerleaders- another proud moment.

After the game, we kicked Rob out of the house and the kiddos all came home to make him a wonderful surprise birthday gift- can't wait for him to get it!

It's Monday- it's raining but we have been in a severe drought here in New England so we need it.  Despite the dreariness outside, I just know this is going to be a better week all around! Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...