-->

Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Favorites (September 16, 2016)



It's time for Friday Favorites and time to link up with Erika, Narci and Andrea HERE

Friends, I won't lie.  I try to stay pretty positive here as we all in the blogging community, try to lift each other up.  This week, though, was a rough week.

Have you ever felt that no matter what you do, you can't win sometimes?  Well that was me all week....all flippin' week.

My mother in law is ill and in the hospital- extra prayers are appreciated.  My husband is having a tough time with that.
Our fall schedules are in full swing and I have an annoying cold on top of it all.

I fell short this week with some of my volunteering commitments as I just couldn't physically do it after work and taking care of the kiddos.  I guess I'm human.

I also finally realized that certain relationships just aren't the effort anymore.  Why stress about spreading myself too thin when some others approach me as an after thought?

I am learning to say no- slowly but surely- it is hard but I am continuing to strive for the best version of me and NO has to be in my vocabulary.

Enough of the negativity though-geesh!  I know you didn't come here for this.  Let's look at the positive as I pull some favorites from this week!

 This scripture on Thursday.  It really hit home.  

"Rest in Me, My Child.  This time devoted to Me is meant to be peaceful, not stressful.  You don't have to perform in order to receive My Love.  I have boundless, unconditional Love for you.  How it grieves Me to see My children working for Love: trying harder and harder, yet never feeling good enough to be loved.  Be careful that your devotion to Me does not become another form of works.  I want you to come into My Presence joyfully and confidently.  You have nothing to fear, for you wear My own righteousness, Gaze into My eyes, and you will see no condemnation, only Love and delight in the one I see.  Be blessed as My Face shines radiantly upon you, giving you Peace."
John 15:13;2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV; Zephaniah 3:17; Numbers 6:26-26

 Daily text exchanges with my bestie- she always knows when I need lifting up and when it is just time to make fun plans to lift us out of a funk!

"The Pidgeanator"

This little cutie had a much better week in dance class too!  (It could've been because there was a doughnut on the line perhaps?)

 Kathy's Suprise 40th!  We had a fun night celebrating this beauty


and Lea and I texted Karen a picture of this- knowing she would laugh and make fun of us- when we add ice to white wine, she calls us "old ladies"


and this girl....
auditioned for the Nutcracker- I HAD to snap a few pics- she even got cast as a Nutcracker Polichinelle (which was my dream part when I was a child)



AND ran for student council- she lost but we had so much fun during the process-the best part is, she wants to try again next year!

and it was my turn to host wine club.
Our theme for my night was,
"Inspired by Italy; Made in California"
We started with Prosecco and a Bruschetta Bar

Then we enjoyed two kinds of Pinot Grigio during our first course which was Polenta with Citrus Shrimp.
The next course was amazing thanks to my Mama.
She made the family's traditional stuffed peppers and they were a big hit!  They accompanied my Roasted Chicken with Figs and Olives and Greer's Fennel and Arugula Salad.  We tried two different Reds with this course.  


 and our "Dolci" was homemade tiramisu and biscotti by the lovely Jeanine (a fellow Italian).
Yeah for Wine Club!

 and I can't forget last Saturday night.  After celebrating my brother's 40th at my parents, we went to our neighbor's Fall party and had a wonderful time catching up with neighbors.  We all agreed that we need to see each other more often- everyone just RUNS for these kids 24x7.  Grateful for where I live!

I am looking forward to a fun weekend and better week next week- as I tell my kids- we just keep fighting the fight- some days are better than others and posts like these remind me to be thankful for the beautiful things in our every day lives!
 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...