-->

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things- #21

Visiting our Grandparents and our Anissa on Christmas Eve day every year.

Growing up, our Christmases were always spent with our wonderful grandparents...too many memories to share although one stands out in my mind...I believe I was in college and one Christmas Eve day, I headed over to Nani Penta's to hang out for awhile...she was baking and we enjoyed some cookies and listened to carols and then we even danced together. Since she passed, 5 years ago, I miss her more than ever on Christmas Eve and would give anything to dance with her once more in her avocado and orange kitchen on Washington Street.

I miss them all though...and Rob certainly misses his grandparents so we make sure we visit them in their resting places.

Last year, I also went to see Anissa. I guess I had always known how sad her passing was...how tragic...how awful and how deeply it affected my aunt and uncle and cousin, however, until I had my own child, I could not relate to the pain and loss as deeply as I can now.

I am sharing a link to my aunt's article that was published. Anissa was truly an angel placed on this earth to make a positive difference in all of our lives...she was an old soul and the things that would come out of her mouth were pure magic and so insightful. If you knew her, you would completely agree.

If this article is too hard to read on your pc, print it up. It is so worth it. My aunt is a beautiful writer and has courage like I have never seen.

Click on the link or copy and paste it into your browser

http://www.mariannesnow.com/articles/a_place_of_heart.pdf

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...