-->

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween and Favorite Halloween Memories!

 Happy Halloween Everyone!



The Girls carved their Jack-O-Lanterns last night...Eva's is an "Evil Pig" or Dragon and Diana's is an ode to Gilmore Girls :)








This morning, we tried to put a spooky headband on Remi and it wasn't going over well...I'm sure you can tell by our picture attempts- ha!

 



 The Candy is Ready To Go!
 

 
and just had to share one more funny costume idea...this...just this...


Anyway...my full Halloween Post will come tomorrow but until then, I thought I would share some of my favorite Halloween memories over the years...I just wish I had pictures...my mom still has some in scrapbooks at their house but I wanted to document these great memories...


Some of my oldest Halloween memories include those plastic Halloween costumes with the plastic masks that didn't allow you to breathe- can you relate?  I specifically remember my "Lemon Meringue" costume from Strawberry Shortcake




Before we were allowed to go out and Trick Or Treat, we had to have a "light supper" and my Mom would make her Cheese Souffle for us.  I remember my brother and I being in our costumes and sitting down at the table in front of the bay window...eating...anxious and excited...peeking out at dusk...and knowing there was so much fun ahead of us :)




One year, My Dad took my best friend and I to a Haunted House in the woods of Winchester....On the way there, like it was planned, Monster Mash came on...it was at that moment that, that song, became my favorite Halloween song of all time.  The Haunted House was SO SCARY yet fun and after we went to Friendly's for Hot Chocolate and snacks.  SO FUN


As an adult, when I became a mom, I learned to make wonderful memories with my girls and have loved experiencing Halloween through them!  One of our first years in this home, we hosted the entire neighborhood before Trick Or Treating and I made spooky snacks and the kids ran around and had a blast!



 

For years we went to Lea's neighborhood and rented golf carts to get around- those are some of my favorite Halloween memories!










Starting last year, we Trick Or Treated with Eva's friends and families and we are doing the same this year.  So glad she is living her best life! :)



 

Stay Spooky Friends!



1 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Oh goodness- so fun to read and see pictures throughout the years. I always take a picture of our tub o'Halloween candy to hand out- loved seeing yours. It makes me smile to see those colorful wrappers and know the candy will go to costume clad kids. And maybe, if I´m lucky, a few pieces will be left at the bottom for me ;). The dance mom costume is great and the description spot on. What great pictures from years past and the memories they represent!! Have a great time tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...