-->

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

344


This is my 344th post....I never celebrated 50 or 100 or 300 for that matter...so I thought I would celebrate.

Why? I started using a tool that tracks my blog hits and I was completely overwhelmed. I knew my inner circle...my peeps if you will...read religiously..however, I never realized how many people I was touching on a daily basis through my blog. I am humbled and so happy that so many of you are entertained by my writing- I never knew I would write to entertain however I had hoped...especially after majoring in writing for four years and having to pretty much write books for final exams!

Writing is the way I express myself best...my feelings pour out and even when I am upset...I don't trip over my words when I am writing!

344 things you didn't know about me? (Well maybe you know some things...and please don't feel like you have to read all of this...I am doing it for myself...I am getting real...it is very therapeutic) Here are 60 for now...I will write as I feel inspired, until I hit that magic #

1. I have struggled with a weight problem my entire life

2. I put God first...I am Catholic...extremely religious and believe that God is always in control...no matter how much I try to control my life...I should throw in the towel already

3. This is not my first marriage....shocker!!!

4. I made the Boston Ballet's Nutracker for four years in a row...starting when I was in 4th grade...I got paid...I danced professionally and I still cannot believe it

5. I was my class's Homecoming Queen in 1991- Andover High School and I still cannot believe that either

6. My 4 year old cousin died when I was in 7th grade...not from the leukemia she had suffered from...she was actually in remission...she needed a blood transfusion and she was given blood that was inflicted with the AIDS virus at Children's Hospital...that same blood killed an entire floor of children with cancer in 1984 (before blood screen regulations were put in place)...her death changed our family forever and my aunt has managed to live her life giving to others after losing a child

7. I never met my father's father...but I am often told that he "would've loved me"

8. I am still dumbfounded that I am a mom especially to such a beautiful little girl who adds so much joy to so many lives

9. I am a step mom...and I can honestly say that I have great relationships with two out of my three stepchildren...that is not bad odds when you look at the statistics in our country...I would do anything for all of them and needed them as much as they needed me over the years...no I am the best step mom I have ever met or even heard of and everyone who knows me would agree...I treat my step kids like they are my own

10. I have an English Bulldog Bambi who was the center of our lives before my daughter came along...I am embarrassed to say that I ignore Bambi most of the time now...I just don't have the capacity to give her the love I did before and I feel guilty about it

11. At my last staffing firm, I was the youngest Regional Manager, overseeing all Massachusetts branches, in the company's history...I found that work was always there for me when my boyfriend/fiance/husband, friends or family weren't....as a result, I was married to the company and did very well..I influenced alot of careers and lives...most of the work was rewarding but I also saw the very dark side of corporate America and grew up because of that

12. I see a counselor regularly...having to manage a stressful life and blended family is very challenging and she is the BEST...I love you Cecilia! I am prone to anxiety and not sleeping and she really helps to put so much into prospective...helps to show me that not everything is my fault...and gives me suggestions on how to manage other people in my life...my time with her is priceless...and so is Tylenol PM for that matter!!

13. Although I miss my husband when he gigs (2nd job- works so hard for all of us)..I do enjoy my Friday nights whether they are alone or withe the kiddos...I like feeding Monk...putting her to bed and then pouring a glass of red wine....enjoying a nice quiet dinner with wine in hand AND the NETFLIX film of the week :)

14. I LOVE that Facebook came into my life...I have been able to reconnect with people I never thought I would hear from for the rest of my life and as silly as it sounds...it has brought me so much joy and excitement

15. My best friend Cassandra was one of my roomates in Watertown and we're soul mates...if you can have a "same sex soulmate"....I never really fight with my friends anymore but we get on each other's nerves sometimes and because of this and so many other reasons that she is the closest to a sister I will ever come

16. I never looked at my mother as my hero until my daughter was born....I thought I could achieve everything my mother did easily and boy was I wrong...when I look at life I only want what she has had and what she has achieved and I find such difficulty in doing so many of those things...so you guessed it...numero uno hero

17. and my Dad? He became a new man the day my daughter was born...he fell in love and it is the first time I have ever seen passion in his eyes or see him show a strong interest in anything (outside of the Patriots, golf and bowling) and he would do anything for little Diana...I get such joy by watching him enjoy her

18. I started out as a Democratic in college and after and I have slowly become an independent....I voted for Obama but would not again...if I lived in Massachusetts, I would have voted for Scott Brown...I am deathly afraid of the National Healthcare Reform act and what it will mean for my parents, us and our kids

19. I was the President of the Windham NH PTA for 3 years until I felt that I was not welcome anymore...why? I am a working mom which is rare in Windham...I was not as "hands on" as so many would have liked me to be...I mean I am pretty superhuman but if anything was going to suffer for awhile...it was not going to be my family or my job. A few women bullied me off the board...and I am so glad that happened. It helped me to become even stronger and showed me that I could do even more and influence education in town even on my own. The notes and sentiments I got from so many parents in town were overwhelming. My work did not go unnoticed and my ego slowly healed. I have been asked by several individuals to run for school board and although my family needs me more right now, it is good to know that I am still wanted by our educational community.

20. I worked for Satan once in my life and I am so grateful that I escaped him....so many of you know who I am talking about and how much he controlled my life for way too long...I sometimes can't believe I escaped him and sometimes still dream about him controlling me and scaring me with every last phone call and every last email that read "Call me!"

21. 2009 was the worst year I have experienced professionally....I have never struggled financially this way and never knew I would ever have to worry about losing my home and affecting the lives of my entire family...God willing...things are moving in the right direction...slowly but surely...and I pray we will survive

22. I love sushi, pizza, chocolate and seafood...but I am also a fan of my own cooking...I make the best calzone...pizza....soup (well not as good as my mom's but hey it is ok)....creative lasagnas...stuffed shells and linquine with clam sauce

23. I love Yankee Candles...my favorite scents are Sage & Citrus, Clean Cotton, Vineyard and Island Spa

24. I love perfume...in fact...I make many memories through smells and scents...as a result, I wear specific perfumes during specific seasons...it is one of my fun and quirky little hobbies...some samples on the schedule are as follows: Winter- Angel, Lolita Lopenca, Clinique Happy, Pink Sugar, Armani Woman AND Spring- Estee Lauder Pleasures, BCBG Metro AND Summer- Miami Glo, Cool Water AND Fall- Tuscany per Donna, Burberry Weekend

25. I love reality television- Tori & Dean, Jon & Kate (I am mourning them still), Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, The Biggest Loser...I am addicted

26. My favorite shows include Glee, Grey's Anatomy, The Office and Modern Family

27. I am a morning person and I LOVE getting up at the crack of dawn...before anyone else...to exercise and get a head start on the day...I feel like a true winner the days I do this (not always)

28. I am destined to be thin

29. I am destined to be a marathon runner

30. I should be living in a warm client...the only thing keeping me/us here is family...in three more years, we will have the freedom to go wherever we want...but I am sure we won't...well not completely sure but somewhat???

31. I am the best party planner I know...I love to coordinate food, drinks, music, decorations, etc....it brings me so much joy

32. I was a wedding planner in another life...and I am still obsessed with weddings...it hasn't gone away...I have had this illness since I was 6

33. I work too hard and I still always feel guilty that I am not doing enough...if only I would work that hard on myself...I wouldn't be such a mess half the time

34. I love mouldings...wayne's coating...fireplaces...flat lots and neighborhoods and we are striving to make these dreams come true...oh yeah a dining room and room for guests to sleep over too!

35. I am obsessed with my Blackberry and don't know what I would do without it...gotta love modern technology at your fingertips

36. My best friend Julie lost her mom last year and I still can't believe it...she was taken far too young...Julie and her mom were best friends...I used to look at their relationship and wished that my mom and I could share the same things...they spent every day together...they could afford to...they went to yard sales, lunches, playgroups...all together...I look up to her for all of the strength she has had to go on without her and I will never forget Lorraine's voice..it was so unique...so gentle and she was a special woman who loved me unconditionally...the same way Julie does.

37. My best friend Ann Marie will never see this post....she never responds to emails...she is not web savvy and not on Facebook (obviously- duh). Outside of her distance to technology, she reminds me of myself so much...I can truly be myself with Ann Marie and never have to worry if I didn't make a dinner fancy enough or if her husband is having fun....it is okay for me to relax and just be me...our relationship is effortless...I am so glad that work brought us together...and after we both escaped "Satan", we continue to have our personal relationship which is always so fun

38. Pet peeves? People who are rude and don't even care, people who don't write thank you notes (kinda goes with the first pet peeve right?), people who are late, people who love to stir up drama by creating friction and negativity, laziness, people who do not take responsibility for their actions, being under-appreciated. All the "Christmas Easter" church goers...you know who you are!

39. I had the BEST four years of my life in college and knew then as I do now how lucky I was and am...and so thankful to my parents for making that happen for me...I grew up in college and really learned who I was and what I could offer the world

40. I love polka-dots, stripes, pink, blue, white and black...for clothes...decorating...stationary...everything!

41. I love Lilly Pulitzer...pink and green...all things preppy

42. I stink at golf but I love it and hope to return to the greens this year!!! (The best day of golf I had was at the Andover Country Club 6 years ago)

43. Some of my favorite places include Chatham, Cancun, Florida, Boston, Maine, Newburyport and Portsmouth

44. I don't like living on a main road AT ALL...but no Cecilia! I am not judging myself for doing so...I promise :)

45. I love Windham...and as much as I do and as much work I have put into the town..I am open to moving...back to Mass or finally south...I am keeping an open mind and know that God will bring me where he wants to anyway

46. I LOVE our new pastor and truly believe that he is responsible for packing the house...I am sure it also has something to do with the tough economic times too but Father Steve is truly amazing

47. I often fantasize about getting lypo suction on my stomach and getting a nose job

48. I professionally straighten/relax my hair and know that the RUSK Anti-Curl is the best product for my hair AND my mother is the best hairdresser EVA (as we say in New England)

49. Diana is a diva...she is a love....a mother already (and her daycare teachers back this up) and hysterical but she has a temper too and gets annoyed with all of us...ah the life of a diva

50. I met Nomar Garciaparra at a friend's Christmas Party...shortly after he had been named Rookie of the Year...when I was introduced to him, I asked "so you play for the minors right?" He was cool about it but my grandmother wouldn't let me forget it!!

51. Diana was named after my mother, my grandmothers and Rob's grandmother...Diane is my mom's name and Mary (her middle name) is the name of three out of our four grandmothers...I used to drive by Nani's house on my way to all of my doctor's appointments and I would say a prayer to her and Nani Binda to keep us both healthy and safe...the prayers worked and Diana is a tribute to the women who took care of me

52. I have been accepted to Lesley University Grad School for teaching...two times now...ask me about it some day!

53. I don't do laundry..my husband is the master of laundry...he always had been...way before I came along and it hasn't changed...another reason why he rocks

54. I love when Randy Jackson laughs at the Idol contestants...I start giggling immediately and can't stop

55. I get SO ANNOYED with the people who say to me "no I can't...it would screw up my unemployment" OH OK!!!!!!!!

56. The three places where I am most happy? At home with my family...the beach...on stage

57. I have been through a bitter divorce....I had to tell my parents that my marriage was ending...I have had to fire several people....I have stepped into a broken family and helped to mend it the only way I know how...I have worked for Satan (already covered that)...I battled through a 36 hour labor...4 hours of pushing and a C Section and yet 2009 has scared me more than anything else ever has....I am holding on to hope 2010! Please don't let me down

58. I am learning about stocks and the stock market and Robby B is as well...it is a fun little hobby right now and something we are hoping can be a lucrative investment as we bounce back

59. I worry about my brother and hope that he continues on the healthy and happy path he has been on since he met Gina...I want him to find the independence he so needs and I pray for his happiness

60. I am so thankful that my boss now allows me to work from home two days/week...I have never been so thankful in my life and I know he knows that....what I love most about those days? The work I achieve (I challenge myself to hit so many calls and emails on those days....challenge myself to learn something new about business/current hiring) and then being able to leave the house on those evenings to go and pick up the kids and help with the carpooling that we never could help with before...I love giving back and it has done wonders for my soul

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...