-->

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday (Home Tour!)






It is time for Show & Tell Tuesday again
Linking up with Andrea HERE


Today is all about our home
We were charged with giving our readers a "Home Tour"

So here goes nothing...
*Disclaimer- I had to take the pics and start writing early Monday morning.  As a result, our beds were not made yet and the girls rooms weren't the most tidy; so I improvised, as you will see!

Here is our home- this is from the driveway


The owner before us was a true gardener.  She planted all of the plants along our walkway so the first year we were in the house, we were always surprised when a new flower would bloom; it would remind us time and again how blessed we are.
I LOVE planting in the two planters we have on our front steps.  I do something different each season.
For the summer, I always plant some type of bright flower and greenery; this year it was impatiens with beach grass. For the fall, I put big pumpkins in them and surround them with white hydrangeas (that is my favorite fall look) and in the winter, we plant Christmas trees in them.  At Christmastime, we even light them up with battery operated white twinkle lights :) Oh yes and the American Flag is a MUST HAVE year round as well.

 Come inside!
My front entry way is one of my favorite places to decorate.  I alternate the pictures on the console, flowers and decorations, based on the season as well.
We are full blown Summer right now if you couldn't tell!

The other side of the entry way is a large wall.  We placed two of our canvas prints on that wall- thank you Shutterfly!

Next, our dining room.  As you have read previously here, it is a work in progress like so many other rooms in our home.  We are done with the paint and furniture and most of the accent decorations.  We have two more walls to adorn and need an area rug but I am pleased with it so far!



Next, the room we spend most of our time in.
Our guests always seem to as well!  Our beloved kitchen.
I do love it- I love how big it is and I treasure the island.
I just know that eventually, we want to lighten it up and go white with the cabinets and back splash and do an accent wall.  For now though?  It works


 (and you gotta love Pidge's seat in the middle of it all)

Next, our family room, or as we say "Diana's play room"
It is a very neutral room and I am still deciding what colors to introduce in here as well as coordinating accent pieces

We re-did the fireplace a few years ago.  It used to be brick and very outdated so we had the stone done which we LOVE

and off the family room is our porch; I decorated it in my favorite ocean colors of course


Off the porch is our beloved deck- where we grill and chill all summer.  It is also the place where I grow my herbs and a few more flowers



We are in a major drought in New England; as a result the grass is brown in many spots and our plants are struggling this summer :(

Mary and Joseph are in our backyard- watching over us and surrounded my two favorite bushes that Rob planted for me- the Blue Hydrangea and the Lilac

Our veggie garden is also in the backyard

Back inside, as I walk through the kitchen to snap pix upstairs, I remembered my wine fridge- I cannot leave that out!  It is on the far wall in our kitchen and keeps us "hydrated" ;)

Next is my office and tv "crash" room and Eva's playroom.  I love that this room serves several purposes; it is actually my favorite room in the house :)



 and then Rob's office which is also his pseudo-music room and laundry room too!


Upstairs, we have four bedrooms and two baths.
Like my disclaimer earlier, it was a crazy Monday morning and the beds were not made yet so I improvised.
I snapped the wall above our beds

First our master bedroom



and our Master Bath which I adore
Eventually I would like to add some ocean blue tiles and a stone shower too- there is so much room to work with in here AND we LOVE the jaccuzzi tub!

Next is Eva's Nursery- it is right off of the Master Bedroom
Soon, she will be moving in with Diana.
For now, we still love that she is so close to us :)

and then we have a main bathroom and Zach's room but he is a teenager and his room is off limits until he packs up his stuff for his senior year at UNH; that is when I will snap picks in there- for now, I avoid it ;)

Last but not least is Diana's room.
It is huge and has two healthy size closets- one will be used by Eva very soon!

We will be painting and redecorating when we move the girls in together.  We will take Diana's input so she feels she was part of the process.  She is getting to the age where she needs to be involved in our decisions of course!

Once you head out of our home, we hope you feel that we welcomed you in and you enjoyed your time.  This family sign will remind you everything we stand for and we hope you will take a piece of us with you.

Can't wait to see your homes too!  Thanks for visiting!

1 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

What a cozy home! Love your bar stools!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...