-->

Monday, June 27, 2016

Let's Talk! (Red, White & Blue Edition)



It's time for the "Let's Talk" Link Up Again and this month's category is a definite FAVE of mine!
We are talking RED, WHITE & BLUE!

Linking up with Andrea and Erika HERE

I love all of the festive decorations, recipes and outfits this time of year.  This time of year is time to celebrate the beauty and independence of our wonderful country.  The decorations that are up all summer remind us to stop and pause and realize how lucky we are!

We leave our American Flag up all year
I always loved the way it looked at a beach house, so when we bought our dream house, the flag was a top priority.  Rob and I will look and dream about beach houses and lake houses and we make a joke sometimes and say, "Oh but it is missing one thing-  the American Flag!"
 
 The bunting on our back deck goes up Memorial Day Weekend and stays up all summer- through Labor Day Weekend- I just love it.

I also decorate with patriotic touches all summer long as well.



Some of the patriotic recipes I have tried over the years, also stand out.  I will only share with you the ones that have been successful, because who wants to try a failure right?

Patriotic Jello Squares
Find the recipe HERE 

Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
Find the recipe HERE 

Blueberry Caprese Salad
Find the recipe HERE 

Watermelon, Feta, Blackberry Bites
Find the recipe HERE 
  
and Ocean Water for the kiddos!
Find the recipe  HERE
Disclaimer: I made these for my BFF and I one Memorial Day Weekend and I added vodka to make them more interesting for the adults ;)


I also love piecing together Patriotic Outfits for my girls and me; Rob always jumps in with a matching golf shirt too :)
Old Navy tends to be our go-to location for our red, white and blue gear!

I have to share this pic with you though
My BFF is also Diana's Godmother and she got her this beautiful outfit from the Gap when she was born
We christened the outfit during an overnight at Chatham "Down the Cape"
It remains my favorite outfit AND favorite picture of little Diana


 and this pic is of my girls on Memorial Day in 2014- Eva was only 1 month old
Here they are in their matching Old Navy Patriotic Dresses

 and this pic was snapped at the Memorial Day Parade in 2015
The girls are sporting their Old Navy Patriotic attire, Rob in his suit for marching and me in my navy ruffle dress from Just Madras



 So there you have it- Red, White & Blue is part of our summer lives here in New England
Can't wait to get inspired by all of your posts!
 

2 comments:

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

I loved reading this post. I like that you leave the bunting up all summer. I wish I had a place to hang bunting. We leave a flag up year round as well :). I am going to have to try those watermelon, feta, and blueberry bites. I hope your week is off to a great start!

Anonymous said...

I love your cute patriotic touches! And that you keep an Ametican Flag out year round. My husband and I did as well but I think the flag we were using was too inexpensive to be put in the elements as much as it was, it got a little bedraggled! I need to invest in a better flag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...