-->

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Monthly Musings: Summer Vacations and Staycations Edition




Hi Friends!  Hope you will join Patty and me and share about your vacation and staycation fun!  We can't wait to read all about your trips and creative ideas for staycations too!  Please grab our graphic above, post and linkup below!

Here it goes...

1. Top Five Items I Pack When Headed on Vacation?

Sunscreen, Speaker For Music, Fun Cocktails and Snacks, Comfy Flip Flops and Electronics for all!



2. Packing Cubes Yes or No?  Just started packing those last year when we went to Punta Cana and now I use them always- so YES!




3. Do I prefer warm or cold destinations?

WARM all the way!  Give me the beach every day please :) 


4. Favorite Vacation Location of All Time?

Would have to say Cancun Mexico...just love Mexico so much 




5. Given our state of affairs, what are some of your staycation ideas?

If you live near the ocean, I say go for day trips to the beach...sames goes for lakes and state parks...I also highly recommend our surprise lunches...they really add some excitement to my girls' routine each week.  You can read about them HERE  (truth be told though, I am really looking forward to reading about your staycation ideas)





6. Camping, Glamping or Uh No!?

Well if you knew me, you would assume I would just say Uh no but never say never when it comes to COVID 19 right?  Our dance friends talked us into coming to their campground this summer...and for us, it will be more like "glamping."  We are headed up this coming weekend and I was sold because 1. we get our own private cottage and 2. it is a short walk to the beach and more importantly, I am excited for the girls to spend time with their friends and for Rob and I to hang out with some of our favorite people so stay tuned but I will officially answer this one by saying "Glamping" ;) 


These are some pics of the cottage we will be staying at so you can really see what I mean!







7. How many states have I been to?  


Well I am not a major traveler but the older I get, the more I want to see different parts of our country and the world.  I want to hit all 50 states before I die but not sure that will happen... anyway a work in progress with a major delay this year....so far though, I think I have been to 17 states

8. Have I ever traveled by RV?
Nope

9. Most Random Place I have been?

I would have to say client visits when I was starting out in the recruiting business....some of the roughest cities in Massachusetts...I was so young and scared but put on a brave face...not a vacation but the most random locations I can think of :) 

10. First place I am traveling to when the pandemic is over?  

I really don't care where it is, I just hope it is with our little fam and our closest friends to a warm or fun destination...also we have been planning a Washington DC trip with the Batsons...we are just not sure on timing yet...oh and Rob and I are determined to do a weekend in Chicago as soon as we can...it is a city I have had on my bucket list for years!



Can't wait to read all about your fun! 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

10 comments:

Joanne said...

That looks like an amazing cabin and my kind of camping for sure! I have been wanting to go to DC for a few years now but my husband and kids think I am nuts (they are not city people) but I keep thinking of all the wonderful & free museums, the history, the government lessons I could squeeze in!

Good Better Best Food said...

OK--if you can glamp...I can glamp. I would totally go to that campground you are going to.

And when you come to Washington, DC I hope we can get together!

Thanks for being the Best blogging partner,
Patty

Memphis Bridges said...

Love those packing cubes and what a cute cottage! Thanks for hosting!

Natasha said...

That cottage totally look glamping worthy! I hope you have the best weekend!

And yes, my husband and I have been to Washington, DC individually but we'd love to do a family trip there sometime. I mean, we stopped for about six hours one day on a road trip but we don't count that.

My Glittery Heart said...

We have been to Mexico twice with Ben's company and we love it too!

Morgan Cartwright said...

I've had Chicago on my list of places to go for years! I've only been in the airport there and that does not count! I want to take a train there since it's not a super long trip for me and I've never been on a train. I will probably fly back though!

Those cabins are super adorable!

Tanya said...

I'm with you...I don't care where I go, but I am ready for a vacation!! Thanks for the fun link up!

Tanya said...

I'm with you...I don't care where I go, but I am ready for a vacation!! Thanks for the fun link up!

Lisa said...

That cabin is my kind of camping. Thanks for a fun link up!

lil desiqua said...

I've been to Chicago once but it was in the middle of a snowstorm and for a work conference so I didn't really get to see much- I definitely want to go back! That little cottage is so cute and the reason I enjoy "glamping!" Thanks for hosting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...