-->

Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Favorites



Hi Friends and Happy Friday!  This week was a very productive and happy week...I am thrilled to see my favorite day and happy to share some faves from our week with you!  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE





Old Pictures

My Aunt has been going through some old slides and she has sent me some pics...ones I have never seen before and I am swooning...love seeing pics of my mom when she was young and of my grandmother who I miss so much...and yes that baby/little girl is me...I totally see Pidge! :)




and spotted some more recent pics (well more like 3/4 years ago) of the FF...these were on BA's fridge..totally forgot about them...they warm my heart!









 The Bands

Well for now...doing my research...would like to invest in an Apple Watch....I want it to track fitness.....activity levels....sleep...heart rate...and more...have been reading so many blogs and so many reviews and I think I have it narrowed down...haven't done it yet...so stay tuned...in the meantime...snagged some cute sports bands for it on Amazon...FTW at $4.99/piece!







Lobstah Roll

My bestie BA was sporting this color over the 4th of July weekend and I had to get my hands on it...New England is known for its "Lobstah Rolls" and this color is so appropriate!  This one is called "I Eat Mainely Lobster." I may even stray from my Summertime "Don't Cry Over Spilled Milkshakes" to give this a shot!  







Entertaining


I LOVE to entertain...it is one of the ways I love to show my love...so this week, one night, I had the Fab Four over for dinner and it was the perfect little summer night...I whipped up Mango Margaritas, Guac and Chips and then for the main course, Lobster Tacos and Chopped Mexican Salad...we enjoyed good quality time, good wine and good music....medicine for the soul!










and Laurel's homemade coconut, chocolate dipped macaroons...to die for!
 



and Pidge loves Guac AND Girl Time ;)






Date Night

Felt so good to be alone with my hubby...we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Hanover Street Chophouse and even bumped into some friends on the way out...so proud of this guy....and so happy about his new job!








Summer Reads


Friends...I am pumped with my summer reading.  I have to tell you that my July reads have been my favorite all year (outside of 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand)...sharing today in case you are looking for your next read

 Eliza Starts A Rumor by Jane Rosen

 It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. When Eliza Hunt created The Hudson Valley Ladies’ Bulletin Board fifteen years ago she was happily entrenched in her picture-perfect suburban life with her husband and twin preschoolers. Now, with an empty nest and a crippling case of agoraphobia, the once-fun hobby has become her lifeline. So when a rival parenting forum threatens the site’s existence, she doesn’t think twice before fabricating a salacious rumor to spark things up a bit. 

It doesn’t take long before that spark becomes a flame.

Across town, new mom and site devotee Olivia York is thrown into a tailspin by what she reads on the Bulletin Board. Allison Le is making cyber friends with a woman who isn’t quite who she says she is. And Amanda Cole, Eliza’s childhood friend, may just hold the key to unearthing why Eliza can’t step out of her front door.

In all this chaos, one thing is for sure…Hudson Valley will never be the same.




The Lies That Bind by Emily Giffin

It’s 2 AM on a Saturday night in the spring of 2001, and twenty-eight-year old Cecily Gardner sits alone in a dive bar on New York’s Lower East Side, questioning her life. Feeling lonesome and homesick for the Midwest, she wonders if she’ll ever make it as a reporter in the big city—and whether she made a terrible mistake in breaking up with her longtime boyfriend Matthew.  
As Cecily reaches for the phone to call him, she hears a guy on the barstool next to her say, “Don’t do it—you’ll regret it.”  Something tells her to listen to him, and over the next several hours—and shots of tequila—the two forge an unlikely connection. That should be it, they both decide the next morning, as Cecily reminds herself of the perils of a rebound relationship. Moreover, the timing couldn’t be worse --Grant is preparing to quit his job and move overseas. Yet despite all their obstacles, they can’t seem to say goodbye, and for the first time in her carefully-constructed life, Cecily follows her heart over her head.  
Then Grant disappears in the chaos of 9/11. Fearing the worst, Cecily spots his face on a missing person poster, and realizes she is not the only one searching for him. Her investigative reporting instincts kick into action as she vows to discover the truth. But the questions pile up fast: How well did she really know Grant? Did he ever really love her? And is it possible to love a man who wasn’t who he seemed to be? 


Two Truths And A Lie by Meg Mitchell Moore




Truth: Sherri Griffin and her daughter, Katie, have recently moved to the idyllic beach town of Newburyport, Massachusetts. Rebecca Coleman, widely acknowledged former leader of the Newburyport Mom Squad (having taken a step back since her husband’s shocking and tragic death eighteen months ago), has made a surprising effort to include these newcomers in typically closed-group activities. Rebecca’s teenage daughter Alexa has even been spotted babysitting Katie.
Truth: Alexa has time on her hands because of a recent falling-out with her longtime best friends for reasons no one knows—but everyone suspects have to do with Alexa’s highly popular and increasingly successful YouTube channel. Katie Griffin, who at age 11 probably doesn’t need a babysitter anymore, can’t be left alone because she has terrifying nightmares that don’t seem to jibe with the vague story Sherri has floated about the “bad divorce” she left behind in Ohio. Rebecca Coleman has been spending a lot of time with Sherri, it’s true, but she’s also been spending time with someone else she doesn’t want the Mom Squad to know about just yet.
Lie: Rebecca Coleman doesn’t have a new man in her life, and definitely not someone connected to the Mom Squad. Alexa is not seeing anyone new herself and is planning on shutting down her YouTube channel in advance of attending college in the fall. Sherri Griffin’s real name is Sherri Griffin, and a bad divorce is all she’s running from.


(I am still making my way through this third book but love it already!)


That's a wrap! Soak up your summer weekend!

9 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Yay date night...you guys are so cute. Come on over and whip me up that mango margarita! YUM. Have a sweet weekend lovely!! xo

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Happy Friday!! I love my apple watch especially the fitness tracking. I have been so motivated these last few months to close all my rings every day.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I might check out the book "Eliza starts a rumor". I added it to my Goodreads list. I was reading a book called "Surprise me" by Sophie Kinsella but really didn't like it so I ordered 2 books on Amazon. I think they are supposed to come tomorrow.
http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

I love those old family photos! My aunt just started using an app that uses the phone camera to scan slides. Really cool. Hope you a good weekend!

Sunshine and Books said...

I’ve got 28 Summers and Two Truths and A Lie to read next week and I cannot wait! Your girlfriend night looks like so much fun! Congratulation to Rob - I am so glad he’s loving his new job! Have a great weekend!

Joanne said...

I'm reading The Lies that Bind right now! I love old photos and those ones of your mom and grandmother are so cute.

Good Better Best Food said...

Lobster tacos? Yes please!

Not to further confuse your smart watch research but I love my rose gold Samsung Galaxy watch and it is compatible w iPhone. It looks more like jewelry than a smart watch.

Happy weekend pretty lady
Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

That Chopped Mexican Salad looks really good! Is there a recipe for it?

And I am going to have to put some of those book on hold. Those descriptions are sucking me in!

Bri Runde said...

Love the name of the nail polish, ha! So fun that you love hosting and that you had your friends over. Looks like it was a great night! And a date night too?! That's a GREAT week, Holly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...