-->

Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday Favorites




Happy Friday!  I have a short and sweet list for you today.  Linking up, as always, with the lovely ladies HERE
and sharing a few faves from our week....







My Apple Watch


Already a fave..makes me get up from my desk more often, stretch out, get some steps in and then get back at it...it is just making me more conscious of moving already and the sleep app is working like a gem...can't believe it took me this long to convert!







Surprise Lunches


They continue...this week they consisted of Corn Dog Muffins, S'Mores Goldfish, Pretzels and Cheese and Chocolate Covered Pretzels...not as healthy but completely devoured of course ;)













Tuscan Market's Truffle Chips


Friends?  Do you like truffle?  If so, call Tuscan Market and have these bad boys shipped to you...they are THAT good...Cass recommended them when I told her I was swinging by to get my mom some of her favorite olive bread....they are the most delicious snack...homemade right there...Joe Faro just knows how to do EVERYTHING! Ha! 








"Juliet has a gun"

Kid you not...that is the name of this fragrance.  I was excited when Shay recently shared some suggested summer scents.  I snagged a few in the purse spray size BUT this one is my absolute fave...don't even know how to describe it...not even floral...not fruity..just wow...Diana loves when I spray it and I let her wear it too..she agrees with it being the best scent ever...I am in love!






School Supplies


So while we won't know what school will look like come fall, just yet, we are thinking positively and hoping that Pidge will be in school physically at least a few days/week.  Her teacher had sent a lovely letter and supply list so on my lunch break yesterday, we headed over to Target to get this done...Pidge was thrilled and it was the first time she expressed herself so clearly when she cried to us later on saying "I can't do this anymore...being in this house every day"....our hearts broke...so we are really focusing on the positive...getting her excited about her new school year and what she will learn ...and that is really all we can do right now...just know, my heart is breaking for different reasons every week :(







This Week in Entertaining


I give you "Scenes From Our Italian Restaurant". Ha!  Our friends the McLains came over last night and we went all Italian- Bruschetta and Shrimp Cocktail for Apps and then Chicken Piccata, Fettucine, Panzanella and Broccoli Rabe for dinner.  Caden even spoiled us with his homemade Tiramisu for dessert and made some big fans! :)









That's a wrap.  Have a beautiful weekend friends!

11 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Those lunches look delightful. Little Pidge broke my heart. Hoping for the best for all these precious kiddos. So hard. Have a great weekend!

Good Better Best Food said...

I am right there with you on school sweet friend. We are supposed to have school two days a week but the Governor could still shut us down. We had a peek into normalcy this week and I included it this week. It just made my heart happy.

I have the Samsung watch and also love it to set reminders! Try that out too.

Happy weekend!
Patty

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Yay for your apple watch. You are killing it with those surprise lunches. My daughter and I went school supply shopping too this week--it was sad to see it was not busy like it usual is this time of year. Everyone must be waiting to buy.

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

School supply is shopping is my favorite!! We are supposed to return to the classroom end of august. I really hope we do. My kids need it too.

And what did you convert from? I wear a Fitbit now but have thought about the Garmin watches.

Happy Friday!

Joanne said...

I've been trying to get my baker to try and make homemade tiramisu-- that looks fabulous. I can't wait for Alec to get his supply list in; I love shopping for school supplies and haven't had to do that in so long.

Lisa said...

WOOHOO for the Apple watch. I LOVE mine. The lunches are so fun looking. Come make mine. ;)
XOXO

Tanya said...

That Italian dinner looks so good! Our school just got put online for the first 3 weeks, then we'll see if we can go back in person. Disappointing! Hope you have a good weekend!

Michael said...

I absolutely LOVE my Apple Watch. I had the 3 series until around May when I made the leap to the 5. Love it even more if possible! Also, do you know what day the Monthly Musings post will be? I'm post planning. :)

Holly said...

@Trista- I converted to the Apple Watch from the Fitbit which I had had for years! @Michael- we are doing Monthly Musings on Thursday! :)

Sunshine and Books said...

You are such a fun host! I love the Italian night!!

Natasha said...

Oh gosh, I haven't even thought of school supplies. Usually we get a list sent home at the end of the year and well... there was no list this year. I guess we'll have to figure that out at some point.

Also, I want to visit your Italian restaurant! That all looks delicious!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...