-->

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Life Lately...Summah Days Edition





 It has been a little busier than in normal quarantine....is that such a thing now?  It is kinda helping me to not think/obsess about the fall and what school will look like...if you have been reading for awhile than you know that my husband is on our local school board...to say this is the most intense...stressful...time... is an understatement.  It is a huge responsibility to design and decide what school will look like and we are both praying we make the right decisions for our family and Rob does for all of the kids in our district as well.  Anyway...we pray...and I am trying to think positively and know we shall know over the next two weeks......here is what life has looked like for us in the meantime...lately....


As I mentioned, Rob and I had a sweet date night last Thursday night...failed to mention that the girls went to my parents for a mega sleepover- two nights!  They haven't done that in soooo long and they had the best time...they were craft machines...painting shells and making soap and such...






 They even taught them how to play "Zilch" which is a family tradition and oh so Italian- ha! (My brother visited for that action too)




 Friday's Lunch was to die for...I surprised Rob by grabbing us these grain bowls from a nearby healthy restaurant called Troy's...I LOVED mine- it's called the Natures’ Bounty and includes chickpeas mixed with steamed kale, sweet potato, broccoli, and shredded carrots served over choice of brown rice, quinoa or riced cauliflower- I chose the quinoa. It was topped with dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and a zesty garlic sauce- so delicious and got two meals out of it!  FTW!





 Friday Night I did something that I have not been able to do in a very long time- NOTHING with NO ONE...I know I know... doesn't sound like me but I LOVE quiet Friday nights after a long week of work .  My favorite thing to do when the kiddos are elsewhere and the hubby is at a gig is pick a movie (preferably a love story), order out and pour a nice glass of wine....I did just that and LOVED the movie I picked...can't believe I have never seen it before...Shakespeare In Love...it didn't disappoint and when I went to bed, I actually slept for 9 hours....definitely a win!




Saturday Morning, Cass and I did something we haven't done for years!  We met up at Griffin Park for a power walk and then headed to Village Bean for our old Saturday Morning Coffee...brought back so many wonderful memories.....great way to start the day!


After that, I headed down to my parents for breakfast and to gather my girls...we had a great time catching up and my mom rolled out the red carpet for me as you can see....


Later on, we were all reading....chilling...and scrolling FB and I saw that Diana's Theater Camp shared some memories from last year...and I just lost it....plain and simple....it has been so sad for her...for us this year....we all miss this world so much.....just can't wait for life to be back to normal...when we can hug everyone and watch our little dancers/thespians on stage again....life is sad without theater and we are all feeling it....big time




Saturday Night we met up with the Fourniers for a lovely dinner at The Foundry in Manchester...the girls even got their own table...they love when that happens ;)





On Sunday, we finally headed to the BEACH...I know...I am still in shock!
In normal times, we start going in May and I go once/weekend...during every weekend of the summer!  I have missed it SO MUCH...I need the ocean to survive...pretty much...so as we were getting closer, I got really emotional...just another reminder of how terrible this virus is.....

We went bright and early (you have to make reservations in NH right now so we were good for parking)...we got there right at 8am when they opened and enjoyed a few hours of time in the sun.

Diana and I  boogie boarded like there was no tomorrow and it was the perfect day to be in the water as the temps capped out at 97 degrees- yahoo!  We had to leave the beach by 11am though...the crowd was building and we were not happy about the lack of social distancing so we put on our masks and headed home.  Sadly, I won't be rushing back soon....just too much uncertainty right now.  We are doing great with our #s here in NH and don't want to see them climb again...anyway....hope you enjoy the few pics I snapped...

















and then last week's surprise lunch actually had to happen on Sunday and yes at the beach!  The lunch was "Rainbow Grilled Cheeses" with some of their favorite snacks- frosted animal crackers and Pringles....the sandwiches took me quite some time...thank God I had set my alarm for 6am....even on Sunday ;)








Later on, we grilled and Zach joined us for dinner...


On Monday, it was back to the grind.  I took the opportunity to take my laptop outside and work, in the afternoon, while the girls swam...it was so hot and I wanted to make sure their entire day wasn't a bust....Daddy is still in intense training for the next month or so, so in the morning, I was in my office doing my thing and eavesdropping ;) and I love over-hearing tidbits....gets me even more excited for him!  

Anyway...I digress...in the afternoon, this was my view...






Speaking of the deck...I LOVE our hibiscus tree this year...it finally bloomed....yeah...and our veggies are coming along...I have used the basil and mint so many times...yeah!  Can't wait for our cukes and tomatoes to be ready AND hopefully have some watermelon radishes to sample too!









and I did it...I bit the bullet....welcome to my new friend...HA!  Thank you soo soo much for all of your recommendations...I am loving this watch already!


I went with the Apple Watch Series 5,  44mm, in the Gold Aluminum case which really looks like Rose Gold....I also went with the white sports band but plan to change the bands up weekly!  I am so excited about the apps I have already downloaded and started using- AutoSleep, Heart Analyzer, and Activity to name a few...still open to any and all suggestions as I learn how to navigate this new technology!

 That's a little "life lately" from our little corner of the world...see you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I don't think we'll get to a beach this summer and I'm kind of sad about it :( Those beach pictures are lovely.

And Shakespeare In Love is such a great movie. I remember really enjoying it!

Our kids have been going to my in-laws two days a week and the break is so good for all of us -- the kids, my husband and I, and my in-laws.

Joanne said...

I bet it was fabulous to finally get to the beach! We haven't been yet this year either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...