-->

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Monthly Musings: Summer Food Edition







Hi Friends!  Glad you stopped by!  Hope you will join Patty and me for our Monthly Musings Linkup.  This month we are talking "Summer Food."  If you chat about Summer Food, please linkup with us below..we can't wait to see all of your summer fare!

1. Favorite Summer Dish

All the funky and different salads that accompany our grilling and cookouts- salads just taste better in the summer especially when we can benefit from the freshest ingredients!



2. Favorite Cookout Side Dishes

See above...salads...but also love potato dishes, fruit and different grilled veggies


3. Eating Al Fresco- Yes or No?

Yes please...and we try to do that as much as possible since our warm season is much shorter here in New England



4. What Foods Do I Eat More in the Summer?

Corn On the Cob and Watermelon- two of our favorite sides that we eat all summer long and not a lot other times of the year



5. Share Your Favorite Summer Recipe

It would have to be Ina Garten's Roasted Shrimp with Orzo- you can find the recipe HERE

The best part about this recipe is that you can serve it warm or cold..delish either way!




6. Blueberry Pie or Strawberry Shortcake?

Blueberry Pie all the way...Blueberry anything actually....it is my favorite flavor!



7. Favorite Summer Beverage?

Ice Cold Sauvignon Blanc or Ice Cold Rose....nothing better with shellfish..nothing! ;)



8. Ketchup?  Mustard?  Relish?  Mayo?


Depends on the dish...I really like them all!



9. Gas Grill?  Charcoal?  Big Green Egg?


Thanks to Patty I just learned what the Big Green Egg is and it sounds perfect!  I am good with any kind of grilled food but I love the smell of a charcoal grill because it brings back great memories of my childhood summers :)



10. Popsicle or Ice Cream?

All of the above?  Ha!  I love ice cream but around Memorial Day and/or The 4th of July, I love joining my girls in enjoying a patriotic Bomb Pop!



and here is our schedule for the rest of the year...hope to see you back here soon!









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

I need to see if I can find gluten free orzo and try that shrimp dish. Girl--I am with you on the ice cold Sauvignon blanc. Everyone knows that is my wine.

Thanks for being the Best blogging partner---EVER!

Patty

Memphis Bridges said...

I am going to look into that recipe. It looks good! I am a fan of grilled vegetables too. Enjoy your day!

Bri Runde said...

Yes! Salads DO taste better in the summer! I never thought about that, ha!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Thanks for the shrimp salad recipe--I want to make it!

Michael said...

Yes to practically all of this! I always go back and forth on whether I like summer or winter food better. They're both so different, but equally delicious!

Rechelle said...

Eeks I forgot the link up this month! Always love these fun prompts & answers! Ice cold Rose, yes please :)

Joanne said...

We eat so much more corn and watermelon in the summer too but rarely at any other time of the year.

Andrea Nine said...

What fun and just like that, I want to have a cook out and I'm hungry, lol!

lil desiqua said...

I love how fresh summer food always seems! Not a huge white wine drinker myself, but I do love shellfish! That shrimp dish looks delish! Thanks for hosting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...