-->

Monday, May 18, 2020

Hello Monday and Hello Week 10 of Quarantine



Happy Monday Friends!  Before we get to our weekend, can I just say how much I LOVE the new Hello Monday logo?  I am a sucker for all things Red, White and Blue (I am very patriotic)...and this stole my heart this morning- ha!  Linking up, as always, with Heather and the crew HERE 
and sharing what our little weekend looked like here in NH.


Friday Night

So I did my best and pulled together a "Socially Distant Birthday Get Together" for my bestie Beth Ann...everyone contributed which made it easy and fun- apps, pizza, salad, desserts and cocktails...outside...and we actually felt almost normal for a couple of hours... 


See what I mean about the Red,White and Blue?  As soon as we start approaching Memorial Day, I become obsessed ;)









Saturday


Cass and I, complete with our masks, hit up Whole Foods for some much needed produce, fish and meat and then we headed to Home Depot so I could help her get started with her very first garden.  She went with tomatoes and some herbs in planters for her deck..I am so excited to see how they turn out...love sharing a passion with my people.

 Had to snap a pic of her very first plants :)

After that, I unloaded our plants so we could get planting.  (I have always followed my moms' advice and have always planted Memorial Day Weekend BUT this year I was chomping at the bit because I have been focusing more on our yard in my spare time and we are not expecting any more frosts, if we do, I will just cover the plants in plastic)

Anyway, before I get to our planting, I have to tell you how much I loved this little salad that I snagged at Whole Foods- so much so that it inspired me to re-create it at home and when I do, I promise I will share the recipe here!

 
 Back to our planting!  We usually have a garden in our backyard but we are making some changes to the yard and ripped it out.  Truth be told, it had not been doing well the last few years.  So, I always plant herbs on my deck and we decided to add a couple of tomato plants and cukes to the deck this year and for herbs I just went with basil and mint.  Something new I am trying this year is Watermelon Radishes.  I bought the seeds and planted them in one of the boxes-we shall see!  If I can't find them anywhere then I will grow my own right?  :)



and I was so happy to find the same Hibiscus Tree at Home Depot again this year.  It blooms red and white flowers and my planter is blue so I get my patriotic fix in ;)
 

Out front, it is all about the flowers.  We planted Red, White and Blue flowers in the planters on our front steps and in buckets that sit on a mulch area in our yard.  We also put a red flowering plant at our mailbox...so excited to see the flowers bloom in our planters because I can see them so clearly from my desk and they will give me hope!



Because of the changes in our backyard, we had to move my Mary and Joseph statues too so I asked Rob to put them where I could see them from my desk too....and he did...and they bring me joy...and that's that...



After a day of errands and planting, I was wiped.  Rob headed to a live concert he and his band were putting on, on Facebook, outside and I started having a tough time.  I was feeling all of the stress and emotions from the last 10 weeks just coming to the surface and decided to watch some tv in bed...my girls got worried and that made me feel so bad...but they came up with a surprise snack for me...and boy did they make me snap out of it...I looked at them and how well they are handling all of this and reminded myself to get with it...

I can't...


I will always fight through everything for them


Sunday

I woke up and settled in with my coffee and devotionals and this one was just what I needed.... I couldn't believe the words and they came at exactly the right time...



I then watched mass on line and can't wait to see Father Brian in person again...hoping it is very soon 


I really felt so much better after this and the day ended up being great...Rob and I were able to sneak away for 9 holes of golf...it felt so liberating and fun...even though we stink!  We had many laughs and it was such a blast being outside in beautiful weather, getting exercise and chasing my ball in the woods! Ha!









Later on, I made us all dinner...the girls loved the drumsticks I snagged at Whole Foods..and Eva even reminded me that it was her first time eating chicken off the bone...we had to snap a pic to commemorate this occasion of course!


Rob and I enjoyed the halibut that I got...grilled with mango pineapple salsa...Papa joined us too which was fun :)


 Papa, Daddy and the girls went for ice cream and I enjoyed an episode of Smash before we all hunkered down to enjoy the American Idol finale...I almost felt normal this weekend...not quite...but it was a bit easier to find the joy...what were you up to?
 

13 comments:

R's Rue said...

Your weekend looked like a blast. I'm glad you enjoyed. Can I come to dinner? That halibut looks delicious. Have a great day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Bri Runde said...

Holly, you are the SWEETEST friend! That party looks like it was so fun. I bet your friend adored it!!

Johannah Sirois said...

So glad you love our new summer graphic =)
All of those appetizers look oh so good!
Thanks for linking up today =)

Sunshine and Books said...

That looks like a great weekend! It’s ok to need to lay in your bed for a little while right now. There are so many things for us to handle/figure out/navigate right now and it’s ok for our kids to see that it is hard sometimes. I love your red, white, and blue!! I am terrible at golf too. I was playing with a bright pink ball last week. My son joked that playing golf with mom was like going on an Easter egg hunt - always looking for that pink ball. Have a great week!

Michael said...

Looks like a great weekend! I go back and forth on whether or not I want to own property. I do because I love to decorate, paint, and plant, but I don't want the maintenance headaches! Good with the bad though, right?

Joanne said...

We finished up Alec's room re-do and went out for ice cream. I still can't get over the weirdness of seeing everyone in masks and wearing one myself but it does feel more normal to get out of the house at least.

Tanya said...

I love the graphic too. Johannah really outdid herself with the red, white and blue! What a great weekend filled with friends, flowers, and food! I would love to find a big hibiscus plant like that! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

K (Sunshiney Days) said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Love the party you set up.. everything looks great! Love your plants and I just realized I need to get an hibiscus tree. They are my favorite flowers! That is so sweet of your girls to try and cheer you up with a snack. :) I'm glad you started feeling better. I know it's an emotional time for most of us. Love what you shared from your devotional too. Which devotional is that?

Holly said...

@K the devotional is from Jesus Lives by Sarah Young :)

Holly said...

@Marla- so glad you found me- I couldn't find your blog so you need to send me your address! If you don't want to comment here you can email me at hbinda@yahoo.com. I typically use the large box of Instant Mashed- not sure the exact size but I use the whole thing and as far as the Bell Seasoning, I would say about 1/8 of a cup- hope that helps- let me know how it comes out- enjoy! :)

Holly said...

@Marla- also it is a stuffing or dressing (depending on where you live) You can serve it as a side dish or even stuff the turkey with it and then scoop it out once cooked and serve as a side- hope this helps!

My Glittery Heart said...

so much fun!! I wish we would have planted a garden but I never got around to it!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Your meals always look delicious including that grilled halibit! You will need to do a full backyard tour--it looks gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...