-->

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

What's Up Wednesday (May 2020)






So our quarantine is over in these parts (for now) and we are slowly getting back out there...though I thought I would be celebrating...with Rob's job loss, it is a stressful time...but this is one of my places to spread the joy so I will try and keep it that way besides with wonderful support, how can I not feel at least some joy right?  Linking up with Sheaffer and Shay HERE and sharing "What's Up" with us...


What We're Eating This Week



Monday 5/25- Memorial Day BBQ- Steak Tips, Salads and Sides

One of our sides was this festive Red, White and Blue Potato Salad.  You can find the recipe HERE 


Tuesday 5/26- Mimi’s Parisian Chicken and Corn On The Cob


Wednesday 5/27- Leftovers


Thursday 5/28- Grilled Cheese for Kiddos and Grilled
 Fish and Veggies for Mama and Daddy


Friday 5/29- Takeout


What I'm Reminiscing About

Last Summer...quite a bit...with a pain in my heart...when life was "normal" and yes sometimes stressful but filled with hope...trying to get that feeling back



What I'm Loving

Being able to have our windows open- FTW



What We've Been Up To

Diana and I set out to start "spreading the joy" and delivered some goodies and had some nice driveway visits a few weeks ago



and this past weekend, we started seeing friends again for some outdoor gatherings...feels good to be around our people again...



and Mama and Daddy have actually golfed two Sundays in a row...more fun this past weekend with Lea and Mike :)



What I'm Dreading


IF and that is only and IF the kids don't go back to school in the Fall...we are making it through this semester but not sure how we would handle the fall so I am hoping and praying they can go back :(



What I'm Working On


Trying to make placements...helping my kids with school work and helping my husband network and land his next job...so not that much really ;)



What I'm Excited About


Going back to my office in a few weeks...sounds silly I know but I need my work peeps and need to see their faces even if it is only 1-2 days per week


What I'm Watching/Reading


Smash 



(Binge-Watched both seasons and now making my way through it again...did you catch the concert and reunion last week on People.com?  So cool AND the best news ever is that they are creating a Broadway Musical based on this hit...so exciting...the show brings me joy...just going to keep watching it to wind down at night...don't judge ;)


Dead To Me


Just wrapped up Season 2- wow!  Just as exciting as Season 1- what do you think?


 Defending Jacob- on Apple TV


Based on the novel we read for book club last year...incredible...just hate that I can only watch an episode a week....I need to binge it...just as good as the book!


Billions



Just returned..but we are not loving it...sigh



American Housewife


Still so cute...concerned about things I have been seeing on Instagram...like wondering if it is not coming back...that would be a bummer


and my two books for May were


Reshaping It All- Candace Cameron Bure


 Highly recommend if you are a Christian woman- thank you for recommending this one!


Big Summer- Jennifer Weiner


Finishing this one up this week and I love it....a little romance...a little drama...lots of Jennifer Weiner's humor...another summer winner!


What I'm Listening To


I was so excited this past weekend and here is why..I made a Memorial Day Weekend Playlist and not just any patriotic playlist...most of the songs are from the World War II Era...I was paying tribute to my grandfathers who served and some of the tunes I found brought back warm family memories...our parents enjoyed a cookout with us here on Monday and I played the songs and everyone agreed it was a hit!  (Side Note My Father In Law also served during a time between the Korean War and Vietnam)



What I'm Wearing


A Little Leopard



A Little Lilly  (yeah my hair is finally normal again)


and a little Red, White and Blue on Memorial Day!


What I'm Doing This Weekend

Being outside as much as possible...fingers crossed for a great forecast!



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


School being out...quality time with family...that's about it right now



What Else Is New

Pretty Much Covered It...Keepin' The Faith



What's New With You?

9 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

I've added both of your books to my list--they look good! So happy to have the windows open too!

Good Better Best Food said...

I have read all three of Candace's books. They are so Good. You've got this girl!

See you back here tomorrow for Monthly Musings.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

I loved this wrapup of your month. Thanks for all the viewing and listening recommendations. Hoping that the kids go back to school in the fall and that your husband finds the perfect job soon. Take care!

Memphis Bridges said...

So glad you can be around more people now and hope that will be some encouragement to you during this time. And yes, I am also hoping for kids to return to school this fall!

Natasha said...

I am praying that your husband finds a good job soon. Yes, I also miss the carefree-ness of last summer :( And please please please let the kids go back to school in September. I need the schools to be open so I can go back to work so this is a request with self-interest added in too!

Rechelle said...

Always keeping the faith XO! I need to check out those books too :)

Holly said...

Thank you for all of the support and prayers- keep them coming! :) XO

Joanne said...

We are trying to be outside as much as possible too! I am sure that everything will work out OK with your husband and his job situation; I just hope it works out in a timely manner for you.

Michael said...

I can't wait until our restrictions get lifted. I'm just done. I want to be able to go places again and not have to think about where I want to order dinner from at 2 PM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...