-->

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Workin' It Wednesdays


It's Erika and Shay's New Link Up for 2017 and I am so excited to participate.
Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE

This month's top is "New Year's Goals"

I am keeping it simple- this year I had THREE
and I just added one more so make that FOUR!





Turn to Jesus- for Everything!
Instead of my usual over-thinking, obsessing, worrying...I am slowly training myself to stop, pray and trust.
These books are helping me to do that daily









Produce More and Save More
I had a record year for billings last year with my firm. 
That is a great feeling but it also motivates me to do more.  I have set a financial goal for myself but at the same time, my goal is to save more this year for our family.
I am motivated to do both but it will take even more hard work and discipline!




next...
 Lose 50 pounds.
I am almost at the 10 pound mark...motivated to really see this through.
I am LOVING the Whole 30 Plan.
It is work- it takes lots of planning but we are having fun and when seeing these results, I get really excited!!



Focusing on "Give and Take"
This one is going to be the hardest.  I always want to be with people- I feed off their energy.  I am known to be ultra-generous...and always organizing fun events...and hosting parties.
Though these things bring me joy, my goal this year, is to be more conscious of the "give and take."  I am going to try and hold back from being the one to invite first and the one to invite always.  For those relationships where there is give and take, that is healthy.  When I look back and realize that I am the only one giving, then it is time to step back and re-assess.  You know, inviting people for dinner...inviting their kids for play dates...initiating plans...all great but if it is one-sided then it is time to hold back until I start seeing the other side reciprocate.  I think this is a healthier practice...one that won't make me feel as burnt out AND one that will help preserve me from the inside out!


What are your goals?  Can't wait to sip my coffee and read all about them!



1 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Wow! Congrats on losing 10 pounds- that's amazing! Be ready to spend some money- dropping the weight AND getting to buy new clothes is the best feeling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...