-->

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Whole 30 Recipe Wins!

Hi Friends!  Rob and I are in Day 4 of the Whole 30 challenge and so far so good.  Is it hard?  Heck ya!
I miss cheese!  I am also going through sugar withdrawals- I never realized all of the places that sugar was hiding!  Yes, it is hard but I am also slowly feeling better.  My sleep the first two nights was rough- could be lots on my mind but I also think the change in diet and pick up in exercise is a shock to my body!  Ha ha!

Anyway, I thought I would share some Whole 30 Recipe wins with you!  I know I love going on Pinterest for recipes and also getting recommendations from friends and from the Group we created on Facebook so I thought if I could help to inspire just one person, I would!

Here is a look at our Whole 30 Menu this week.  I am including pictures of some of the meals and links for the ones we gave two thumbs up or the ones we are looking forward to!  Enjoy!

Day 1
Breakfast- Monkey Salads
Check the recipe out HERE


Lunch- Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avacado Salads
Find the recipe HERE


 Dinner- Loaded Taco Soup
Find the recipe HERE

Day 2

Breakfast- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and 1 Paleo Protein Bar

Lunch-Leftover Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avacado Salad

Dinner- Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken with Bacon, Brussel Sprouts and Apples
Find the recipe HERE


 Day 3

Breakfast- 2 Applegate Chicken Breakfast Sausages- 1 cup blackberries- 2 cups crispy kale

 Lunch- My friend Angela, who is also doing the Whole 30 challenge, whipped us up a lunch that we could enjoy while she was training me on VP duties for Wolverines.  It was a "working lunch" in the middle of a crazy day and it was SO GOOD.
She made the most colorful salad including homemade roasted golden beets, avacado and arugula (some of my faves!) with homemade dressing and roasted chicken that we put on top- perfect! I snapped a few pics :)




Dinner- Paleo Crispy Lemon Chicken
Ok friends- this was a winner BUT it was time consuming and it called for brand new ingredients to us- Rob agreed that it was amazing- it was just kinda complicated- if you pull up the recipe, you will see why!  We had this with Riced Cauliflower
 Find the recipe HERE

 Day Four

Breakfast- Monkey Salads again

Lunch- Chicken Salad with homemade Whole 30 mayo, grapes and celery!

 Find the recipe for the Chicken Salad HERE

and for an awesome homemade Whole 30 mayo, check out this recipe HERE



 Dinner- Paleo Beef and Broccoli
Find the recipe HERE

Day 5

I have not planned breakfast or lunch yet- will do that tonight.
We do have a dinner plan....wait for it....
you know how much I LOVE our Friday Night Pizza Night...one of my favorite things...well...we can't do cheese.
I found this Whole 30 pizza recipe and we are going to give it a shot.
So....I am not going to share that recipe until I know, if ever, that it is a win...stay tuned!

In addition to the change in food lifestyle, I am committing to 3-4 days of exercise.  I have enjoyed working out on my treadmill and one step class this week so far.  

I am also striving to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.  I add citrus fruits to make it more interesting AND after drinking Angela's mint cucumber water, I will try that too next week.

Lastly, I am only allowing myself 2 glasses of Paleo wine, 2 times/week.  I think I will be saving those days for the weekends, when we have social events.

The creator of Whole 30, did stress, that planning ahead, is the most important part.  It is a ton of work but I have found over the last few days, with our plan in place, there are no excuses.  The right food is in the house, we just have to prepare it.

It is work...but I know it will be worth it...stay tuned!




2 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Yum, those look like some yummy recipes!! I will have to try them, Whole 30 is very similar to the Fast Metabolism one that Brad and I are doing.

A Gal Named Al said...

My boys would love that shrimp! I may try that tomorrow night instead of the shrimp scampi I had planned. Can you believe I've never had brussels sprouts? That balsamic chicken sounds great too! Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...