-->

Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites (January 13, 2017)




Hey Friday.....you pretty thing!  Ha ha!!!
My favorite day of the week!!  Woohoo!!!
As always, linking up with Andrea, Narci and Erika HERE

Here are some faves from this week!

That APS....After Party Sale?  
Oh yes....perhaps I went a little overboard...but I am...so....glad....I did ;)
You can see my post about it HERE 
and my favorite purchase?  
The UPF 50+ Vero Tunic in Multi Exotic Garden

 I was squealing when I saw this at my front door!


and Whole 30 
has been a fave for sure- lots of work....lots of prepping...lots of cooking...but oh so worth it!

If you want some Whole 30 compliant fun and delicious appetizers to bring to a party, I have a few options for you!

These have been crowd-pleasers...last weekend...this week...and I am hoping again this weekend.

I am kind of proud of all of the gatherings I have been to over the last two weeks.  I have been making one of these apps so I don't hit the cheese board or other things that I should not be having and it has been working!  Woohoo!
Here are my top 3 Whole 30 app picks right now

1. Bacon Wrapped Dates
Find the Recipe HERE


2. Stuffed Mushrooms
Find the Recipe HERE

and 3. Artichoke Spinach Dip
 Find the Recipe HERE
  
and for more fun party foods, check out Danielle Walker's "Against All Grain Celebrations" Cookbook.  I picked it up last week and I have been peeling through it!  Eva and Mimi were even enjoying it! ;)



First Friday
Speaking of Whole 30, it is fun and more effective especially when you have friends doing it with you.  Three of my friends are following this program and another few are following a similar program SO......when we attended "First Friday" last weekend....my friend Kathy surprised us with homemade AND compliant potato chips...they were great! We had a ball...especially listening to Rob and Kevin play

The chips ( I will post the recipe soon)

and we tried my Paleo wine for the first time- not Whole 30 compliant but a deal I made with myself- it is clean, no sulfites, no sugar and low alcohol AND it was pretty good!  We tried the white only- it tasted like a Pino Grigio- I am breaking open a red this weekend!  Stay tuned!

Here are my beloved dates ;)

Some of the gang



and the funniest part of the night was when Tracey and Health presented Rob with his "payment."  As a joke, when they booked him, he said, "I require Green M and Ms in my dressing room" (like some diva stars used to in the 90's).  Well they thought they would take that one and run with it and presented him a 5lb. bag of custom-printed green M and Ms!  Hysterical!  His name was on some and there were little guitars on others....so funny! (My girls were thrilled when he bought this huge bag home!)
 



My SPBs...they kill me....I call this one 
"Masquerade SPBs"

and this one?  "The Dark Knight Rises" ha ha!




The Windham Wolverines End of Season Celebration
Usually I have a separate blog post of one of my favorite events of the year.  This year, since I was helping to run it, I didn't have time for pictures.  I guess that is okay but I am sad I didn't get any of Diana and our team.
When I looked back at my phone that night, I saw that Diana had taken a selfie :)
and I remembered I had snuck one quick pick after we set up the stage....
 
and I thought I would share with you the video recap I created for the girls- it was played at the celebration- coaches got weepy yes ;)


and the girls and Our Team Mom, my bestie Jill, presented me with the most thoughtful and generous gifts....don't you love this one?  I think of them every time I wear it!



and wrapping up Friday Favorites with Tubby Time!
I could just squish these two.
I wish I could freeze time so they could stay these ages...someone eventually has to design a way to do that! ;)


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  We are doing one of my favorite things- going to friends houses all....weekend....long...right in town....yeah!!











1 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Those M&Ms are so cool! Love the sweet bracelet from your team! Happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...