-->

Monday, August 12, 2024

Hello Monday (August 12, 2024)

 





Friday


I took the day off!  Got to the rail trail first thing with Diana- it was already raining- boo- gloomy but can't complain about the weather this summer!



Lea picked me up around 9:30 and we stopped for some gum and tea and were on our way up to the lake!


Laurel's lake house AND view are beautiful even in the rain!


 

We unloaded bags and headed straight out to lunch at The Lake House Grill- it was lobster rolls for all!

 

These are my people and I love them so much!

 

Meanwhile, at home...Robby B was holding down the fort AND a play date in the rain ;)

 

Back at the lake house, we enjoyed some wine out at the fire table until the rain really picked up so we continued our fun inside

 

and then our driver picked us up a little before six to head to the big show!  This is my favorite concert venue...especially on the lawn seats..so chill!  It is the Bank of NH Pavilion in Gilford NH in the lakes region and again...these are my people!

 

Up first- DJ Jazzy Jeff






Then next, The Queen...Paula Abdul!  She is still so AMAZING!







and then finally...as the rain picked up even more...New Kids On The Block!

 









We had our driver come and pick us up early because the rain was INSANE...we have never been so soaked...funny story though...as I was trying to call our driver...my phone dialed (I swear I didn't do it) and called my Dad...boy did we have a laugh..thank God my parents were still awake!  Anyway, our driver Anthony was great...he even stopped to pick us up a pizza on the way home- ha!  We had such a great time




Saturday


Lea and I were up early and out!  A quick stop at Dunks and we were on the road.  Once I got home, I spent a little time with the girls and then my parents came to pick them up for some special time and a sleepover.

 

Rob and I headed out to do some errands and then we enjoyed a date walk at the Rail Trail :)

 



 

After we got to relax for a bit, we got freshened up and headed out to an early dinner at Black Water Grill.  Then we hit the movies.  I was so excited to see "It Ends With Us" as I loved the book by Colleen Hoover.  The movie didn't disappoint- it was fantastic!





Sunday


We were up bright and early- made a quick stop to Nutrition Corner and we were on our way to Medford for the Annual Martorana Strong Wiffle Ball Tournament.  This year, we ended up putting together two adult teams from Windham and three kid teams- Windham was representing!


Our Team was "Wild Pitches"  I designed our shirts and everyone loved them- thank Goodness!

 

Our Captains and Ringers- Rob and Mike










After the games, we picked up the girls, got them settled then we met our friends for a late lunch/early dinner at Red's.  Later on, we got home to get organized for the week.  Robby B has an early flight and will be traveling for work so I am holding down the fort- wish me luck!









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh, what a super fun 80s concert!!! And thinking of you this week as you solo parent. Those weeks are tough.

Maria Rineer said...

What a great weekend! That concert looks like so much fun even in the rain- the rain probably makes it extra memorable :). Great job on the shirt design. They look perfect for the occasion. All your food pics look great, too. Good luck this week- you got this!!

Allstarme79 said...

While I wouldn't prioritize seeing those 80s greats, I think it would be an awesome time! That's cool you got to go.

Joyce said...

The concert sounds like so much fun! Sorry about the rain, but glad you still enjoyed. I love sitting on my deck when we get a rare rainy day on the lake. We need rain actually. Have a good week solo-ing...it's a lot.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So much raIn in the East, so little in the West! Glad you had a wonderful weekend. It was sun seeing all the circa 80s bands.

Joanne said...

What a fabulous, fabulous weekend! You all are such good sports about the rain, even with a wonderful concert line up like that I'm not sure I could have made myself go.

Memphis Bridges said...

Looks like a great weekend and I didn't know Paula Abdul still tours!

Sunshine and Books said...

You've got this solo this week! I am so excited for the concert! How was the signature drink? Was it delicious? As always, you make time for family and friends QT. It is amazing! I'm glad the weather cleared up for your wiffle ball game!

Rightupmyaliway said...

What a fun weekend! The lake with the girls then the concert looked so fun! I loved the movie too! So good! I'm thinking about going back with my husband to see it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...