-->

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Currently: August 2024

 


Hi Friends and Happy Hump Day!  It is time for Jennifer's fun link up where we talk about what we are up to Currently...this month we are sharing what we are loving, looking forward to, scheduling, buying, and gearing up for

 

Linking up HERE

 

Here we go.....

 

 

Loving

 


 

So I have to say it...THIS Summer...In June and July I was really wishy washy...not myself...not feelin' the sparkle if you will but as soon as August hit, I started holding onto every day...loving the simplicity of this summer...the daily walks at the Rail Trail...the drives with the top down and stopping for tea with my girls...a great family day at the beach..."steamahs"...The Red Sox vs."The Judge" ha!  Watching my girls do what they love...it has been a blessing to slow down and smell the roses...I also feel like this is the calm before a big year for both of them and I am excited!

 

 

 

 

Looking Forward To

 


 

 NKOTB or New Kids On The Block (with DJ Jazzy Jeff AND Paula Abdul ahhhh opening!) with besties on Friday Night at Gilford (my favorite concert venue)...and we are on the lawn which is the BEST place there for a concert...even if it rains, I cannot wait...will make me feel like I am in high school again HA!



 

 

  Scheduling

 


 

 Play Dates for Eva...after spending 5 weeks in theater camp this summer, I have to try a little harder to schedule some fun for her.  Diana can occupy herself and has been busy this summer with Driver's Ed, Work, Workouts and two weeks of theater camp but Eva is still at the age where I hear "I'm bored" ahhhhh...anyway...we are good we are good ;)

 

 

Buying

 


 

 School clothes and supplies...it is that time of year

 

 

Gearing Up For

 


 

 Back To School...I have meal planned for the month of September so now my next step is to cook a few meals and put them in the freezer.  Closets and clothes are done.  Supplies need to be finished and then once we have practice schedules, etc, I will populate the family calendar...I actually get excited about that each fall!

 




So...what's new with YOU Currently?






7 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Sounds like you are on top of things- good job but who is surprised, lol? Glad you are seeing the joy in all the things recently. You have so much good stuff going on. The upcoming concert will be amazing! How fun!! Have a great Wednesday :).

Joanne said...

Oh that concert sounds like it's going to be a good one! So glad you found your summer "fun". It has definitely been a different feeling summer for us too but I'm loving it.

Jennifer said...

I don't have anyone back to school...but I still think getting back to meal planning would be a good idea for me. I used to do this alot - and it really helps with the food budget.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

An NKOTB concert this weekend with Paula Abdul as the opener???? I am jealous! Who was your favorite member of NKOTB? Mine was always Jordan, then Joey. Funny story: my sister and her family went to the beach one summer and they literally ran into Joey. Somewhere is a picture of him holding my niece Erika when she was a toddler. I about died when I found this out, of course! I hope you have the best time this weekend, sweet friend. Also, you're such a great mom to your girls! They're so fortunate to have you.

Holly said...

@Jennifer Aww thank you so much- your kind words choked me up! Mine was Jordan too but now it is Donnie because I love him in Blue Bloods- ha! Can't wait THOUGH the weather is supposed to be awful- we will make do though :)

Kirsten said...

Ah! Have so much fun at NKOTB. I always love sitting in the lawn at an outdoor venue! I saw them in their prime in 91 and then again a few years ago. Such a fun show. Donnie was always my favorite.

Natasha said...

I'm glad that August has brought some of your sparkle back friend. And you sound way more organized for "back to school" than I am. I am still sticking my head in the sand about it... Ugh. I need some of your organization and creativity :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...