-->

Monday, August 26, 2024

Hello Monday and Hello Sweet 16 Weekend!

 

 

 

Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  I am here with Sarah and we are chatting about our weekends.  Hope you will join us!

 

We were busy celebrating a very special 16 year old here! 

 

Backing up to Thursday night though to document our back-to-school excitement...





Someone got a BIG haircut for back to school.  How did my Little Pidge get so big?


Before and After






 

Then on Friday, I took the day off and enjoyed decompressing and spending time with my big girl and besties.

 

Time to get the belly button ring....took her working on me for awhile...needed a lot of convincing













After the piercings, we enjoyed a lovely lunch



 

That night, the fam came over to celebrate Diana- we had a BLAST!  We had a pizza party but things got really fun AND funny as Diana tried to teach Zach a cheer and the kids started stunting with him AND Baby Sylvie...we laughed SO HARD





















Zach and Zoe took the Birthday Girl out for breakfast to start her day (this was her actual birthday)



Then we had to make a stop at Revitalize for our teas of course...they even did a birthday post for Miss Thing on IG



She was  living her best life.....her day got even better...won't elaborate now but will leave you with this photo for Saturday and just know eventually I will share this story...



While Diana was off living her best life, Rob, Eva and I headed to Red's for a late lunch/early dinner...we sat outside and the weather was perfect...and we played a mean game of "Psych." Have you heard of it?  SO fun....this is how we each describe Rob...can you guess who said "fun suck?" Ha!



Then we stopped for ice cream



and headed home to watch Friday Night Lights again...I know I know but Diana made cheer and I am super giddy about this football season and they are humoring me ;)

(Some of us don't understand personal space)

 

Then Robby B set up a new fire pit- our old one died after several years


 





We were up bright and early...Rob started getting some things done in the yard and he came in and said, "these were left at the mailbox"...ummm apparently Diana has a secret admirer...she "doesn't care" though...because her heart is taken...oh to be young again!

 


 She and I headed to Nutrition Corner for a Sunday tea...as I obsessed about the flowers and who left them for her...she just rolled her eyes at me- ha!

 

The rest of the day was all about getting different things ready for last night...but being stealth about it...not being able to let someone know what was going on...



because we threw a SURPRISE Sweet 16th for our girl!  My BFFs helped me blow up soooo many balloons and decorate....we had ZW's BBQ Truck come (they are Diana's bosses at the restaurant) and got a waterslide (although Pidge was the only one to indulge in this- ha!)...all in all I thought it went very well...kind of relieved it is over...phewwww :)  and yes she was surprised which was no easy feat!

 

 


 

A beautiful cake by Alexa DiPrima



 

Zachary's or ZW's Food Truck!









 A message from her favorite teacher





















What an amazing birthday weekend- as she said, her best yet!  Rob and I are exhausted...I took the day off today just to get organized for the week...it will be nothing less than crazy...Rob is traveling...it is the first week of school...there is lots of work and meal planning and Blackout Work and our first cheer meetings...please wish me luck...I am really going to need it!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

Everyday Maddie said...

What a fun birthday weekend!!

Joyce said...

How fun! Happy birthday to your daughter! Such a fun age! I love a successful surprise party. Sounds like you really made the day/weekend special and I do love a birthday that lasts! Good luck with the week ahead. It's good you have the day off to regroup. I feel like it's so necessary after a big party to have a day to get back into life's normal routines and rhythms.

Allstarme79 said...

Looks like a fun weekend! My daughter just had her 11th birthday but I can totally see her wanting to go all out for her 16th. By the time that happens, her older brothers won't even be around!

Maria Rineer said...

Oh my goodness! What an incredible weekend, especially for Diana and this milestone birthday. Sweet 16 indeed- complete with new hardware, a cute date, a secret admirer AND a surprise party?? Great job on everything you did to make the weekend so special. Enjoy the day off- you deserve it!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy Sweet 16 to your daughter!, Diana! It looked like a very happy celebration.

Cathy said...

Busy fun weekend. Happy Birthday to your Diana!

Natasha said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you had the most relaxing day after such a fun weekend. What a fun 16th celebration for Diana! Thinking of you as you find the joy in this crazy week. You'll get through it -- I have faith in you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...