-->

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Share Our Lives: How I Met My Husband

 



Hi Friends!  I am linking up with the lovely ladies of "Share Our Lives" HERE and sharing how I met my husband.


Well it sounds so cliche but we truly "met in a bar."  I would go out to the Dubliner in Lowell with my office peeps on Thursday nights.  We loved seeing the local band, "Captain Morgan and the Rum Runners".  Well one Thursday Night, Jimmy Buffet was in town and the band was going to see him.  So, enter the fill in band, "The Jass Brothers" and the rest is history.

 

This is the very first picture of us on record


We can actually blame Jimmy Buffet AND my brother.  My brother is very shy...he never puts himself out there and never just starts talking to a stranger but that is what he did that night.  He started calling my now husband Rob over to our table and proceeds to tell him that I sing and they should invite me up to sing with them- I said no but some flirting ensued.


After that, some of my colleagues and I started going to some of their gigs and I couldn't stop looking at who I dubbed "the cute boy."



I learned he had two kids but I was mistaken...I was quickly corrected that he had THREE but it didn't even phase me. (I truly became a parent immediately too)


We started dating shortly after and we married in August of 2004 and my life has never been the same.  This means that this year, we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary!  WOW!  It is so true when they say "time flies when you are having fun."




We have shared the best of the best and the worst of the worst together...our life is not an easy one...it is complex as I say...there has been more stress and more tears than I ever imagined but I still wouldn't trade it for the world as I have never been loved this much in my life and know I never will again.




and now we are in a sweet spot raising our girls together


Life is crazy busy but we wouldn't have it any other way.  We are a good team I always say! :)



and the fam keeps growing....Life...is...beautiful :)




 

 

8 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

What a sweet, sweet love story! I love that you became an instant family. I have friends who have walked that path, and I know it's not always an easy one. You and Rob have obviously made it work, though, and look at the beautiful life you now have with your growing family! Thanks for sharing, friend.

Maria Rineer said...

Loved reading your story! I enjoy following along with you guys and your busy but fun life!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Holly, I enjoyed reading how you and your husband met. I hope you and your husband have a happy Valentine's Day and enjoy the rest of the week.

Joanne said...

Such a sweet story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

My Glittery Heart said...

Oh how I love this!!

Tanya said...

What a great love story...it was meant to be!

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! What a lovely story and you have such a sweet family.

Kym said...

Loved your sweet story and the great photos! Beautiful family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...