-->

Monday, February 12, 2024

Hello Monday (February 12, 2024)

 


 Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Did you stay up for the big game?  I only stayed up a bit to spot T Swift then I read and went to bed- ha!


I am here with Sarah and we are so glad you are here.  If you blogged about your weekend, grab our graphic above and link back up with  us below.  C'mon...it'll be fun!

 

 Here is what our cozy little weekend looked like...


Friday


Well it was a crazy busy work day and although that is not typical on Fridays, I was VERY grateful!


Then to get our weekend kicked off, Friday Night Pizza Night was a bit more fun as it was National Pizza Day!


We opted for takeout pizza from one of our faves, Pasquale's :)



Diana and I started the series "My Life With The Walter Boys" on Netflix- it is really cute and it reminds us of "The Summer I Turned Pretty."



After that, Rob and I crashed early with a few episodes of Blue Bloods- we are up to Season 5


It was a cozy and perfect Friday Night!




Saturday

 

 Rob brought Diana to our friend Kary's at 6am- she was driving some girls into their Dance Convention (ADE) in Boston.  

 

I headed up to Trader Joe's first thing.  I have not been able to find tulips close by and need to decorate with them over the next few weeks so TJ's it was and they came through as always!  I also grabbed some cauliflower gnocchi- special request from Robby B :)

 

Eva headed to a rehearsal for Finding Nemo Jr. :)

 

Love comfy weekend outfits



While Eva was at rehearsal, we squeezed in a date walk and it was an AMAZING DAY!  It got up to the high 50's which feels like a heat wave in February in these parts ;)

 

Once we got home, we showered, got ready and headed to pick Eva up and then headed into the city.


We picked up Diana from her convention and then...


We headed over to the North End of Boston (Italian Section) and walked around...we went into my favorite church (St. Leonards) said some prayers and appreciated the magnitude and beauty of this gem...




then hit up a little cafe for a drink...








Then it was time to head next door to La Dolce Vita for a late lunch/early dinner...everything was amazing...Risotto Pescatore for Diana, Ravioli for Eva, Veal Parm for Rob and Chicken Limone for me...delish!





 

(always posing...sigh)



After dinner, we walked down to Cafe Vittoria so Pidge could get her all time favorite dessert - a cannoli!  Truth be told she ate everyone's desserts- we were dying!  She just burns it all off with her constant motion- ha!




We ended our "early evening" with a trip to a bookstore that was on the way to our car...the girls both squealed...they love nothing more than a bookstore so we let them grab some new reads and Daddy found the new Henry Winkler Book






I think we were home and in bed a little after 6- ha!

We enjoyed a few more episodes of Blue Bloods before calling it a night



Sunday


We were up bright and early.  Rob brought Diana back to Kary's for their ride into Boston for Convention again.  I got a chicken soup in the crockpot...




The three of us then headed to mass.....then it was a day of organizing for the week...meal planning...putting together the grocery list for Robby B...checking out a new documentary "Lover, Stalker, Killer" on Netflix- SO GOOD!  I know I am crazy- ha!




When Daddy and Pidge headed to Softball Practice, I continued my book...it is our Book Club pick for this month and I am hosting...enjoying it so far!



The rest of the day was lazy around here.....BUT Diana scored a couple of great awards at the ADE Boston Convention- she got chosen to do a special dance at Nationals AND she got chosen as a Prodigy All Star- we were very happy for her :)



I needed this chill weekend...I have been going 90 miles an hour and needed a little extra rest...feeling ready for this week which will be BUSY!


So who won? 

Just kidding ;)

 

I woke up for the last few minutes of the game and sooo glad I was able to catch this!


 






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Your weekend sounds so nice! How fun to combine the kids´ activities with a great family activity- your trip into Boston sounds like it was so much fun. Congrats to Diana! Her awards are awesome!!

Natasha said...

What a great weekend with family time and good food! Congratulations to Diana on her dancing accomplishments!!!

Bri said...

Looks like a really great weekend! All of the food looks so delicious!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

What a fun weekend! I wanted to visit the north end of Boston while I was near there in 2022, but that was one thing that had to be cut short because of needing to go home early. My author/friend that helped me plan that trip told me about all the Italian restaurants there, so that's why we wanted to go. I still want to squeeze in a Boston trip one day! It's not right that I've been there three times and never gotten to visit the city. If I ever do that, I'm going to get you to recommend some things for me!

Andrea Nine said...

Love those Precious smiles! I’m so glad you had a good weekend. We binged my life with the Walter boys, and it was so charming! Happy Valentine’s Day, honey!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That seafood risotto would have been my choice for dinner! WOW--those all looked wonderful! I half-watched the game. I'm also a big Trader Joe's fan!

Patty Lake said...

So glad you had a fun weekend that included some down time too! I also binged on "life with the Walter Boys" and now am really missing it! Thanks so much for hosting "Hello Monday". Have a great Valentine's Day! Patty

Joanne said...

Sounds like a fun weekend... never saw a single moment of the game... but then again I never ever have.

Rightupmyaliway said...

You look adorable in all your posts! I love your dinner date!! Looks like a delicious meal and oh so fun café!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...