-->

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tuesday Talk (Memorial Day Weekend 2019 Edition)


It's time for Tuesday Talk with Ashley and Erika- love when we can talk about anything and everything!  Linking up HERE




If you have been reading for awhile you will not be surprised that I want to talk about Memorial Day Weekend...yet again....if you haven't been reading all that long...I give you the following....

See my Memorial Day Weekend Posts: 
2018  HERE
2017 HERE
2016 HERE
 and 2015 HERE


There are many more posts if you look back and as I looked back, Memorial Day Weekend has been a big topic on the blog EVERY YEAR..I wonder why???


I LOVE SUMMER...it is my favorite season and as I always say, Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial start to summer so there is always a reason to celebrate!


If you read back, you will find some common themes though...

These are a few reasons why I love Memorial Day Weekend


1. We can decorate in Red, White and Blue


2. We can most likely get our first beach time of the season in- get me to the ocean please!


3. We plant our garden and I love looking at the flowers and veggies and especially smelling the basil growing on my deck!



4. Speaking of Red, White and Blue- I love to make side dishes at cookouts throughout the weekend where the foods incorporate Red, White and Blue :)


5. Lastly, and most importantly, I love celebrating the men and women who have sacrificed it all for our freedom.  One of my favorite parts of the weekend is our town's Memorial Day Parade.  Since this is Daddy's last year on the school board, it will be his last parade to march in.  We hope it doesn't rain so they can get the parade in- warms my heart!



This year, we are happy to be spending most of our time in and around town.  We have some different cookouts to attend and a birthday celebration and then we will cap off the weekend with the parade and time at our besties' home.  So we are looking forward to spending time OUTSIDE.  It has been a cold and rainy spring here so we are overdue for some sun and warmth.  

We are also hoping to finish up our planting AND of course, at least make one trip to the beach!


What will you be up to?  Do you have any fun Memorial Day Weekend traditions?  Can't wait to read all about your fun too!

2 comments:

Rechelle said...

I've got to get my garden planted too!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I hope it stops raining here before this weekend so we can kick off the summer! I wish we had a Memorial Day parade here. I remember going to our town parade as a kid, and sometimes marching in it, and it was so much fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...