-->

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

What's Up Wednesday (May 2019)







It's my fave linkup of the month and I am just giddy...it is summer...we are headed to Nashville for a long weekend AND I am grateful

Linking up with Sheaffer and Shay HERE


Before we get there....Here is what we've been up to.....


What We're Eating This Week


It is all about keeping things simple until we leave so it was takeout on Tuesday night...Hello Cobb Salad from 33 Hilltop- it has been TOO LONG- like seriously over a week ;) but I am also whipping up my Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti for Ally and the girls to enjoy while we are gone :)

You can find the recipe HERE




What I'm Reminiscing About


Past Memorial Day Weekends as we are coming off an amazing one!






What I'm Loving


Our deck and all of the fresh herbs we have planted here....especially love the smell of the fresh basil growing :)











What We've Been  Up To


We had a fun girls' trip over April Vacation to Amish Country with the Batson Ladies!



Softball Season is in full swing!



We celebrated Eva's 5th Birthday!



Eva Rocked Teddy Bear Picnic/Kindergarten Orientation


Spring Soccer has been a blast!


and we celebrated the end of a successful dance year with Mimi!



Kayla graduated from SNHU!


and we had some cozy QT with Mimi over Mother's Day Weekend 


We loved watching Diana and NEDE in "A Child's View Of The Holocaust"


as well as in "The Lorax"... 


Mama enjoyed wrapping up Prayer Group #1 this year- MOPs


and there has been more softball...


The girls enjoyed their first visit of the season with Dottie and her ice cream truck 


Mama loved swinging by her old campus when visiting a candidate...


It's Dance Season here in these parts!  Gearing up for the big show in a few weeks!


Mimi and Papa took Eva to Lego Land and she had a ball!


and Mama loved the latest installment of book club


Lastly, we enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!



What I'm Dreading

Detox again after Nashville.  It is a super strict diet program that my trainer shared with me and it will be time to "detox" again...super hard but I know it will be worth it!



What I'm Working On

The "Master Schedule" for when we are away.  Papa and Ally are filling in for us and there are so many activities- hope I am organized enough to keep them on track :)



What I'm Excited About

Diana's End Of The Year Performance.....so much dance...so much fun...just love watching my girl do what she loves!




What I'm Watching/Reading


American Housewife


Billions


American Idol- amazing talent this year- sucked us right back in!


Jane (Final Season)


and did you see the Tom Brady/Matt Damon Skit on Jimmy Kimmel?  I woke up randomly in the middle of the night and was lucky to catch this- I laughed so hard that I woke Rob up- friends?  Google it/Watch it on You Tube if you want a laugh :)




and Diana and I binge-watched a series we found on You Tube called "Finding Clara"...it follows 4 dancers at BalletMet in Ohio as they audition and get cast as Clara in the Nutcracker (Diana's dream)...we devoured it!




and friends?  Guess what is coming back (June 4th)!?  Yep- Dance Moms- woohoo!!
Guilty pleasure here BUT now that I am in this world, it is crazy how accurate this series really is.....



My books in May both surrounded the Taconic Tragedy...I have since moved on from this obsession but it still haunts me.  They both were riveting and I flew through them.

The first one was a beautiful book written by the mother of the three girls killed in the crash, Jackie Hance, and it was called "I'll See You Again"- heart wrenching and inspiring all in one



and the second one was "The Taconic Tragedy: A Son's Search For The Truth" written by Jeanne Bastardi- family member of the three gentleman in the other car



I am back to light-hearted and more beachy reads for June...I will be back next month with some more uplifting reviews :)


What I'm Listening To


Playlists on my phone for the most part...going between the Fort Lauderdale mix, the Newport mix and My 45th Birthday Mix- my girls always request certain songs

Eva's faves are songs by Imagine Dragons- Bad Liar and Natural to be exact




and we all love Sucker by the Jonas Brothers- well all of us EXCEPT for Daddy ;)




What I'm Wearing


It has been a whole lotta tops from Venus, Escapada Living and Shop Chartreuse- with some occasional Lilly sprinkled in for good measure ;)











What I'm Doing This Weekend

Did I mention Nashville?  :)



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


Diana's show, school getting out and hopefully getting back on the golf course....regardless...more outdoor time!





What Else Is New


Usually business starts slowing down now for the summer BUT I am happy to say that I am still busy and hope that I have enough business to carry me through this season....less worry...more faith and a more peaceful summer than last year!

and I am going to miss my girls this weekend...heart is hurting a little XO



That's a wrap!  Can't wait to see what you have been up to!

4 comments:

Good Better Best Food said...

So excited to hear about your Nashville trip. I have never been!

Loving all the Lilly!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Rechelle said...

Can't wait to hear about Nashville, have FUN!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

You had a busy month and I think you have more coming up! Enjoy! Have a great time in Nashville!

Sunshine and Books said...

Ooooo, Nashville is on my list! Have fun! I can’t wait to hear about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...