-->

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuesday Talk: Going To The Movies Edition


It is the first Tuesday Talk of 2018 and I am linking up with the lovely ladies HERE
 This is the monthly linkup when we can talk about anything and everything.  Truth be told, I often turn to this blogging community for ideas and inspiration.  Don't get me wrong, I could talk to a wall if I thought I had a chance of it listening and I love to write but I sometimes feel self-conscious with putting all of my thoughts and ideas out there- I don't know. 
When I am given too much freedom, I can ramble...do you know what I am saying?
Anyway, today I thought I would keep it simple and talk movies today.  Actually going to the movies....because that has not been one of my favorite past times...seriously. I much prefer snuggling under a blanket and watching an awesome movie on a Friday night, at home.  It just happens however, that in the last three months, I have been to the movies FIVE yep FIVE times.   
Here are the movies I went out to see and why...and just a few thoughts on each.

AND



Bad Moms 2
 This one is such a must for Suburban Moms...hell AND City Moms...I found the first one to be hysterical and so dead on so when the second one was coming out, everyone started texting and the adventures began.  I went with some besties the first time and then with my PTA pals the second time.  Laughed just as hard both times and liked it just as much as the first one.  I love the way the writers turn the smallest subjects like school projects, activities, balancing family and work and just make them even MORE hysterical...these movies helped me to take a step back and exhale and laugh a little at the every day stresses at home!  I also loved the fact that this one was set at Christmastime- I saw it both times leading up to Christmas...perfect time of year for this gem.



Pitch Perfect 3


Are you a Pitch Perfect fan?  We are in this house.  Diana and I loved the first two so when Beth Ann organized another great day, during Christmas vacation, we were there in a flash.  The girls LOVED the movie as did the moms.  The talent is so impressive and it is so easy to get caught up in all of the songs.  I always love the back stories too but my favorite part is all of the performances and competitions...it is always exciting to see what songs they will choose.  This was the final chapter which was a little sad but I know that all three will be on repeat in these parts :)




I, Tonya


So anyone who knows me knows that I was always obsessed with Nancy Kerrigan.  We actually skated in the same rink growing up in Stoneham.  Well, she was always skating circles around the rest of us.  My dad would take me to my Saturday lessons and she would be skating around.  We would watch in awe, especially when she would do a hockey stop right near us and the snow would fly off the ice.  I remember my Dad saying, as we were walking back to the car after, "that girl is going to be in the Olympics."  Wow....and the rest is history.  When I heard the I, Tonya movie was coming out, I immediately became intrigued and then kind of obsessed.  The documentaries started up on TV and I have taped and watched every one.  They keep covering the scandal but also all of those associated Olympic games that I never missed and now they are diving into the back stories.  This movie about Tonya Harding was incredible and so very sad- it was so interesting to learn about her and how she grew up and how she ended up so troubled- the acting was outstanding and a few of the actors are already nominated for Golden Globes.  The soundtrack?  AWESOME- already bought in on iTunes and smell dance parties all around!  After watching this movie, I understood the history so much more. I dragged some besties with me last week and everyone agreed. Highly recommend it and it is still in theaters!







Wonder



Wow.  I just saw this yesterday on MLK day when the kids were off from school.  It hit me hard...it hit Diana hard...and what I will take away from this, among so many other things, is "Choose Kind....you never know what battles people are fighting."  Amen!
Lea suggested we take the kids to keep them occupied on the holiday.  After getting work in all morning, I was ready for a break at lunch and this is what we did- so glad- so important for kids to hear and see messages like these about being kind...being brave...being accepting and OMG what a beautiful story. See it....today!


What movies have you seen?  Do you go to the movies often or do you tend to watch them at home more?  I guess I was on a movie theater trend for a bit but knowing me...I will be watching more from the comforts of my own home...surrounded by my hubby and littles...my favorite place of all :)

4 comments:

Tanya said...

We probably go to the movies about once a month, although we saw quite a few over the holidays. Wonder was so good! We also saw The Greatest Showman, which is excellent if you like musicals. Stopping by from Tuesday Talk.
Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Terra Heck said...

I watched Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle with my teen son last week. It was pretty good. Jack Black was hilarious as a high school female. I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids though.
Bad Moms 2 is, indeed, hilarious. I rate that and the first one as a couple of my favorite comedies of all time.
I think I'm going to watch I, Tonya but will wait until it comes out on DVD. There's a girl on our local roller derby team whose name is a play off Nancy's. It is "Nancy Killagain".

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Major PP fan here! I LOVED the 3rd one!

Rechelle said...

WOW you've seen some great movies lately! I love Pitch Perfect and can't wait to see the third & final one, my sister & I saw Wonder over the holidays and yes SO GOOD!!! We rarely make it to the theater but there have been some movies recently that I've really wanted to see - hopefully we can catch some of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...