-->

Monday, October 9, 2017

Weekend Recap (October 9, 2017)

We had another fun filled Fall weekend!


Here is what it looked like....


Friday

I enjoyed lunch at Wasabi with Jess.  We got to catch up and decompress a bit.  
My favorite thing there?  The Volcano Roll...
it actually comes to the table in flames!



Friday Night

 Daddy had a gig so the girls and I crashed.  I have been binge watching Riverdale on Netflix so I enjoyed a couple of episodes before heading to bed.  My friends Coleen and Dave went to the gig along with my stepdaughters Kayla and Ally and between those two parties, they sent me some cute pics!




Saturday

Diana and I were up bright and early for cheer practice.  It was our final clinic with ECE.  The girls made some progress but it is not always pretty.  Check out the videos below to see what I am talking about (our first comp is this Saturday-eek!)

Hard Work is Not Always Pretty...


Some Progress...

Meanwhile at home, someone was getting a "fat bath"...her favorite! ;)

 After cheer, the girls and I had a dance party in the kitchen and then got ready for a Fun-Filled Fall Day with the Fournier Gals.

We did some apple picking at Mac's to start.  It was Pidge's first time and she picked apples with all her might!  She also insisted on carrying the bucket that was SO HEAVY...she kills me!

We snapped some great shots....









and of course a selfie!

Once we were done, we killed some time in HomeGoods down the street...oh I love HomeGoods...and it was mission accomplished for me...I was looking for a fun fall mug for my morning coffee and I snagged this one..isn't it adorable?  


Then we dropped Diana off at her Nutcracker rehearsal and headed to our house for some snacks and "libations."  I made us our customary caramel apple cider martinis and we enjoyed some apps.
This one, I just love.  Can you guess what it is?
Yep, candy corn (thank you again Pinterest!)

It was so much fun just to decompress and catch up!
Then it was time to pick Diana up and head to dinner.   We headed up to the Copper Door in Bedford.  We love it there so we are so excited when they announced that they were opening right next door in Salem.  We cannot wait!  They should be open by Thanksgiving.  Copper Door boasts the best atmosphere and some great food.  Cass and I stuck to apps with our cocktails and she picked the best ones for us.  Seriously I cannot get them out of my head.  My favorite though were the maple and pork croquettes.  Oh my Lord were those to die for!

Exhibit A

and our other delicious apps
The Crab and Avocado Salad

and the meatballs....

Pumpkin Martinis
Group shots were on tap too of course


 and while we were out doing this, Pidge and Daddy were doing this...


Diana ended the night with a fun sleepover at the Fourniers.  As soon as she got home on Sunday morning, she declared, "Auntie Cass makes the best pancakes!"


Sunday

We usually head straight to mass but I had lots of cooking to do.  We had my parents and Lea's parents over for dinner before our game.  It was the first time they got to meet each other and we all had a lotta fun.  It was so easy because they are so down to earth and fun.  

Oh and side note, when Rob went to get Diana, he saw a bunch of turkeys down the street.  I had explained to him that I had seen the biggest turkeys ever near our town hall.  I don't think he believed me until he saw this flock and snapped a pic.  (Really my worst nightmare!)
I made Fancy Pants Chicken.  Have you tried that recipe?  You can find it on Pinterest.  It is SO easy and SO SO delicious!

Before heading out to the game, I snapped a few pics of the "rents."

(Poor Bob getting stuck listening to my Dad's stories) ;)

 and then it was game time.  We all headed out to cheer the girls on.  The weather ended up clearing and it was a beautiful day for a football game!

Our girls....






That's a wrap!  This was one of my most favorite weekends ever!  What did you do?

4 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Wow it sounds like you had a FULL weekend! Love your apple orchard pictures. Looks like you enjoy HomeGoods as much as I do!

Unknown said...

What a great, action packed weekend! Apple picking, yes please! That looks so fun. Something we don't have in the area of MT we live in! Love the cheering videos, good luck at the first competition. I'm heading over to Pinterest to check out that chicken recipe.

Holly said...

Jaclyn- Home Goods is the best for finding those random items right? Even the ones you didn't know you needed ;)

Holly said...

Thank you Jen! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...