-->

Monday, October 30, 2017

Crockpot Red Sauce (Whole 30 Approved!)

It is no secret that Mel over at The Larson Lingo is one of my favorite bloggers.  I have been following her for years.  

This is her SEVENTH Crocktober- SEVENTH!
I love this linkup as I love all of her posts- she always inspires me.  Linking up with Mel HERE


Today I thought I would share a Whole 30 Approved Red Sauce that you make right in your crockpot.  I am also making this my contribution to Mel's linkup.

Side Note: We had no power at home after a terrible wind storm last night and even with our trusty generator the internet is down so I am writing and working from a local Panera this morning...I know someday I will look back on this recipe post and chuckle...today I am just frazzled!

Back to what you came here for though...the food....

Crockpot Red Sauce (Whole 30 Approved!)
 
Here is what you will need:
 2 lbs ground beef
3- 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp thyme
1 can tomato paste (the small one)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
2 onions, chopped
3 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp. basil (dried)
1 tsp. onion powder
12 oz frozen spinach



and Here is How To Make The Magic:

In large skillet, heat up your Extra Virgin Olive Oil on Medium-High heat. 
Add
your onion and garlic and sauté until translucent. (I also added carrots).
 
Add ground beef and cook
until no longer pink.  Once done, drain
fat and then add to a large slow cooker. 
Add all other ingredients and stir. I
cooked this for 8 hours on low, but you could cook it on High for 3-4 if you’d
rather.

Once done, let it cool and then store in smaller portions for future meals. 

 This sauce is awesome on pasta for the kids or for you healthy parents, on sweet potato or other Whole 30 noodles, veggies and even potatoes- delish and healthy!

2 comments:

Holly Osborn said...

Yum! That looks delicious!!

Good Better Best Food said...

I also have a recipe for a crockpot bolognese that is amazing. There is something so great aout the slow cooking of the sauce and with the crockpot you can just walk away and let it do it's magic.

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...