-->

Monday, October 2, 2017

Weekend Recap (First Feelings of Fall Edition)

So I am recapping our weekend yet again and this time, while I am writing, I feel the need to tell you that here in New England, it felt like fall for the first time this past weekend.  Our temps were in the 60's and it was brilliantly sunny filled with lots of pumpkin!  Here is what it looked like....


Friday

I snuck out for a quick lunch with Lea.  We decided to meet in Londonderry since she had a hair appointment right after down the street. We ran out of time as always but I made sure our lovely waiter snapped a couple of pics for us ;)  I mean, would you expect anything less from me?

 and it truly felt like fall.  I tossed on a sweater and my black leather pumps and it was so comfy!


Friday Night

We had cheer practice with an ECE clinic mixed in.  The girls worked REALLY hard.  I snapped a couple of pics before they got down to business.




  After practice, Jill and I took the girls + Leah to grab a quick bite.  It turned into a "night" with these crazy cats.  We ended up at Windham Restaurant and all they needed to hear is that the place is haunted and their imaginations ran wild...

They were "seeing" and "hearing" things everywhere and we decided next time we are leaving them home ;)


Saturday

It was a rainy, cozy day.   Originally we were supposed to cheer at a pep rally but due to the rain, it was postponed until next weekend.  We took the opportunity to snuggle and watch Glee.  (with some silliness mixed in)

Diana had Nutcracker rehearsal in the afternoon and then I got cooking.  It was our turn to host one of our little friend groups for dinner and games.
I decided to go "all fall" and whipped up a dinner for the season.  We started with my pumpkin shaped cheeseball and crackers (trademark) along with Mike's homemade Jalapeno Poppers (which I tried but they were so hot, I go the hiccups and had to run outside- no joke!) and Brenda's brie and jam in puff pastry.

(My Gift from God and her Brother Bobby)

After our cocktails and apps (and feeding the kiddos their pizza and such), we headed into the dining room for our adult dinner.  I made Stuffed Porkchops (they were stuffed with blue cheese, onions and apples), Grilled Chicken, Pumpkin Alfredo Fettucini and an Autumn Salad (all recipes coming soon!)
We enjoyed some great red wine too- Beth Ann brought an amazing bottle and we also broke into the Shortcake.  


 and then we played our trademark games of Things and Cards Against the Humanity- they were fun but not as wild and hysterical as some other times in the past.  We decided to cut our card games short and enjoy some sparklers with the kiddos.






and check out these new best pals....squishes my heart!

and Fall Gals

 Great night with quality peeps!


Sunday

It was time for mass, groceries and organization...perhaps with a nap squeezed in too! :)
Then Rob took Eva to skating while Diana and I headed to her game in Bedford.  The girls cheered their hearts out and I snapped a few pics of course!





It was a wonderful fall weekend....what did you do?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...