-->

Monday, October 23, 2017

Weekend Recap (October 23, 2017)

It was another Fabulous, Fun-Filled, Fall Weekend in these parts.  We are cramming in all of the fall and Halloween fun for sure!  Here is what our weekend looked like.....


Friday

On my lunch break, I went to have my nails and toes done and Rob took my car for an inspection.  I went with "Serene Reflection." I found that it was the Fall color I was looking for and perfect for our cheer comps and games as well as all of the Halloween Fun coming up...what do you think?


and a picture of the polish....


Friday Night

Lea and I took the girls to grab a quick bite at The Brick House Tavern in Methuen and then we headed over to the Varsity Football Game.  Our Choreographer, Sam Smith, is the Cheer Coach and she knew we would be there.  She had her team pull out all the stops- they were incredible.  The girls loved watching them cheer and stunt and even got to pose for a picture with them.  P.S. They got to show them their tumbling skills too :)





Working with Sam was an incredible experience for the girls this year.  She knows her stuff.  She commands respect and is so patient with little kids who can sometimes be very chatty.  She put together a winning routine for us and her high school team has captured the state title for the last few years under her leadership- grateful we had this opportunity!

After the game, we surprised Daddy by popping into his gig at Blackwater Grill in Salem.  The girls enjoyed some dessert and we pretty much hit the wall and went home to bed right after!


Saturday

I was up bright and early and had to be in Concord NH by 6:30.  We co-hosted the cheer comp and I had to get my volunteer hours in.  I got to work the cheer curtain for the first two sessions of the day.  It was a really interesting perspective to be behind the scenes and get to meet all of the teams and their coaches.  It was nerve-wracking, exciting and exhausting.  Then it was time for me to be relieved for the third session and be with our team.

The girls let their nerves get the best of them this week.  They were worried and it showed but what can you do.  You learn.  We could not place since we were co-hosts and they scored second.  As their Head Coach Tricia said, it is better to have happened this week and we will work out the kinks before the big state comp next weekend.  Regardless, I love watching Diana and since we know it will be her last season as a Wolverine, it makes this entire experience this year, bittersweet.  (Of course, I was able to snap a few shots behind the scenes)


Some Cheer Moms snapped their action....
After being there for 9 hours, I was ready to decompress.  

We had had tickets for Harvest of Haunts at the Charmingfare Farm in Candia with the Batsons and agreed to grab a bite out on our way to the farm BUT nothing is ever easy during our crazy fall.
Rob took Diana right after she performed and got her to Nutcracker Rehearsal.  By the time, we got to leave, after the awards, I only had 10 minutes to change and freshen up at home.  Crazy crazy!

We met at Coach Stop and enjoyed our first food of the day (kid you not) and some beverages.  We chose the restaurant because it is right around the corner from the dance studio and Rob picked up Diana and brought her back to eat with us after.  It made the chaos a little less stressful. 
Adrenaline kept me going this night and I was able to find a second wind!


After dinner, we headed over to the farm to get our "haunts" and "spookiness" of the season in.  We had a blast!  It was just the right amount of scariness and outdoor bliss.  As I have mentioned, the weather has been wonderful and we did not get chilly at all- it was awesome to be out in the fresh air at night!

I apologize in advance for the dark pics but it was tough.  

We got to take in four attractions: The Horse Drawn Haunted Hayride, The Barn of the Dead, The Tractor Bog Ride and The Infested Corn Maze.

Check it out....













  
and I was insane enough to tape our walk through the Haunted Corn Maze...Sam acted as my bodyguard because I was more than anxious!

When it was over, we actually headed back to Coach Stop so the kids could have a dessert and we could enjoy a night cap.  I loved their Fall Apple Cider Sangria....

and Diana was all about Daddy as he had kept her safe during all of the haunts ;)


Sunday

Rob took Diana to CCD and stayed for the parent portion.  Pidge and I met them at mass along with Zach and Papa.  I love our family mass.  It has become bigger and bigger this Fall with the children doing the readings and leading the choir and Father Brian always invites the kids down to the altar during the homily.  Diana has finally been brave enough to join the rest of the kids.  Pidge is still scared but we are making some progress ;)  After mass, I promised the Halloween donuts at Dunks and they were none too pleased

Then the girls played for awhile while Zach and Daddy did some yard work.  Mama?  Got to enjoy my first Hallmark Harvest Romance movie and it did not disappoint!  Have you watched Love Struck Cafe?  Definitely a winner!

Yesterday afternoon,  Daddy and Pidge headed off to skating while Diana and I headed to her practice and game.  Pidge got her first skating badge and Rob got to get on the ice with her...it was her best day on the ice yet and so grateful he snapped pics and got a video!


(can you tell someone really wants to play hockey?) 

Bless my heart....


After skating and the football game, we all headed home to get cozy. Daddy made us an incredible Chicken Pot Pie for dinner and I whipped up a pumpkin chocolate ice cream pie.  It topped off an amazing and one of my favorite fall weekends!


What were you up to?

4 comments:

Jaclyn @coffeepancakesanddreams said...

You go non stop all weekend!! That nail color polish is perfection! I'll be on the look out for it!

Unknown said...

What a fun, action packed weekend! Love the nail color, dark colors are my jam! Thanks for sharing all the great pics. Cheer looks like so much fun for the girls. I'm a boy mom, so cheer is a bit foreign to me! :)

Good Better Best Food said...

Girl, your weekend sounded like mine. October is always so crazy but filled with fun.

We too would not let Hockey Guy play hockey until he did a full year of Snowplow Sam. It's a really good foundation for the sport. Good for you!

I so love to unwind with some Hallmark Channel movies and Countdown to Christmas starts this weekend! Cannot wait!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Holly Osborn said...

Love that nail color! Might have to pick some of that up for myself!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...