-->

Monday, June 5, 2017

Weekend Recap (June 6, 2017)

This was a jam-packed, super fun, spring weekend BUT I was not very good about snapping pics!  Seriously, friends, I was not on my pic game for sure.

Regardless, you will get the picture!

Friday Night

Mimi and Papa came over for a visit.  The girls were thrilled and Pidge quickly stole Mimi's phone. I snapped a pic as Mimi was discovering that Pidge sent a friend request on FB from Mimi's account- hysterical! (Note she also stole Mimi's reading glasses)

I made a fun dinner for all of us.
Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad- Find the Recipe HERE
I served this with Lime Tostitoes- great combo!

I also made Chicken Salad from scratch- well two kinds actually because I know Zach doesn't like the fancier version.
One version was plain and one version had green grapes and glazed almonds in it.  I served the salads with mini croissants.

For our cocktail, I made fresh and frozen Peach Margaritas.  I know my mom loves margaritas and neither of us order them much because we hate when restaurants use mix.  I believe in all fresh ingredients and mine were just that!  I used Cabo Wabo tequila, frozen peaches, ice, Triple Sec and Honey with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a garnish of mint- delish!
  
My mom made these INSANE s'mores cookies.  I tried one but friends seriously, they were gone by Saturday between Zach, the kids and Matt and Gina.  That good- seriously!

 

Saturday

It was the day of our annual Strawberry Festival in town.  Rob and I took turns volunteering at the grills and then Rob, because he is on the school board and it is a right of passage, volunteered to be in the dunk tank again.  Diana always gets a kick out of that.  At first, Pidge thought he was getting hurt but she came around and started having fun watching him too.

For the past 8 years, we have been having fun at the Windham Strawberry Festival.  We always get to meet up with friends and the kids have fun on the bouncy house and at the various tents making sand art, guessing the numbers on the lollipop tree and such.  One of our favorite town events every year!


These two besties have been enjoying the festival together for the last 5 years- I LOVE them :)  

PTA ladies

Saturday night, Uncle Matt and Gina came over.  We enjoyed cooking on the grill and playing Scattegories- wish I had snapped some more pics.  At least I got Pidge and her watermelon ;)

and more of Pidge in her glory!


Sunday

We went to mass, got the groceries done and then it was time for Recital #1 at CNDC.  The girls did so well....we cried...we laughed....we SO ENJOYED!




That's a wrap!  Our crazy spring continues this week...doing the countdown....two more weeks of craziness!

2 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Blog those cookies ASAP! OMG those look amazing! Glad the recital went well- the girls look precious!

Tara Usher @ Mommy in a Nutshell said...

What a fun weekend! The girls look so precious in their recital costumes. The strawberry festival looks like a blast. I bet you got a kick out of that dunk tank to. I hope you threw a couple balls yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...