-->

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Peach and Basil Flatbread

A few weeks ago, we headed over to Lea's for dinner.  This is a common theme as I am sure you have read here.  We always trade off and have each other's families over regularly.  (one of my favorite things to do)


She charged me with bringing an app...I made a dessert too but baking isn't my best skill...I won't share my cookie recipe because all I did, seriously, was buy the cookie dough, baked it and placed M and Ms in it.  The kids wiped the cookies out in less than 5 minutes so I guess I would call that a win but the real win was this app I cooked up.  The adults loved it so I thought I would share.

I think it is the perfect little summer app to bring to a dinner party or cookout or to serve to your guests as they are arriving.  I actually made it again when I was hosting wine club and I had it out with prosecco as my guests were arriving...it was a hit again :) 

Today, I am linking up with Allie again for her "Try It Thursday" Series HERE

Here is what you will need:
Pre-Made Naan, Flatbread or Pizza Crust from the grocery store (the thinner the better for this recipe).   
1 ball of Mozzarella sliced
2 peaches, sliced very thin
Bunch of Basil- chopped/sliced
Olive Oil (I actually used White Truffle Oil for an extra little punch of flavor)
Balsamic Syrup and Honey for Drizzle
Salt and Pepper to Taste


Here is how to put this together:

Preheat Oven to 500 degrees- yes very hot!
Spray down a cookie sheet/pizza pan
Lay out your crusts and drizzle the oil on them
Slice your mozzarella and place on the crust
Then slice your peaches very thinly and place on the crust
Slice/Chop your basil and toss on their too
Drizzle Balsamic Syrup and Honey and then season with Salt and Pepper
Bake for 4-8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
Slice and Serve!


This pairs well with a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand like Tohu, Kim Crawford or 90+

It is the perfect Summer Indulgence


Enjoy!

3 comments:

ReachingBeyondMediocrity said...

Yummy! This looks delicious!! Where do you get your balsamic syrup? My husband and I love balsamic syrup on things like asparagus, but I haven't found one that we love yet.

Tara Usher @ Mommy in a Nutshell said...

BaLsamic on ANYTHING is delicious. This sounds perfect to have at a dinner party.

A Gal Named Al said...

This looks so fancy! Ari would think it's peach pizza and would love it! Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...