-->

Monday, December 5, 2016

Weekend Recap (Holiday Happenings Edition!)

So....it was a weekend completely full of fa la la'ing!
I love this time of year for all of the old and new traditions that we partake in.

Friday
Lea and I enjoyed mass, the gym and coffee/tea to kick off our day.  Then it was time for me to head home and get some work done and prep for the shindig!

Friday Night
I hosted my 2nd Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange and this year it was the "Breakfast Edition" and my guests were invited to wear their PJ's.  You will see a separate post on this event this week-stay tuned!
Here is a cute pic of all of the girls though :)



Saturday
Lea's company hosted a fun and free event for the kids.  They were having private showings of the new Disney movie Moana.  Diana and I went to support Lea and her company and ended up LOVING the movie.  If you have daughters, you must see it.  
 When Diana asked me what my favorite part of the movie was, I told her it was the relationship between Moana and her grandmother.  She agreed.  We both got choked up- it was very special.  I love the way the film showed a strong girl leading the charge too!
   I highly suggest this film! 
 And our obligatory selfie in the theater :)
(Diana was too cool and sitting with all of the kids)

After the movie, it was time for Mama to head to a bridal shower in town.  My fellow cheer coach Brittney is getting married and her mom through a lovely shower- here she is- just beautiful!


Saturday Night
We headed to the Stone Zoo Christmas Lights with my parents.  We had a ball and the girls got to meet Santa.  After the zoo, we headed to my parents' house for dinner and more fun.  Stay tuned this week for a separate post of all the fun pics I snapped!

Sunday
It was time to start our day with mass.  I started working on our Christmas cards and then we headed up to Portsmouth with the Batsons for the Annual Christmas Candlelight Stroll.  It was unreal!  Yep you will see another post on this one too!



There ya have it!  It was busy but oh...so...fun!
My kids are at the best ages...truly living the magic of Christmas through their eyes!

Prayers are welcome today as I head in for an ultrasound.  Having a little health scare- hope it's just a scare.  Thank you friends.

1 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

You had a jam packed weekend like we did! I so want to start a holiday exchange like that with my girlfriends, I just need to do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...