-->

Friday, January 19, 2024

One Friday Favorite- The Life Of A Dance Mom and Amazon Faves To The Rescue!

 


Hi Friends!  When thinking about content this year, I want to write about the things that bring me joy AND the things that keep YOU interested.  We are usually on the same page and I always like to remain authentic.  I thought it may be time to talk dance again.


I have been a Dance Mom for 13 years in one way or another!  Well we can call it 14 if I include the year I enrolled my stepdaughters in hip hop classes...ha!

 

Diana started dancing at Age 2 at a little studio here in town called "Happy Feet".  She was a wild child and often got rambunctious and wouldn't listen in class...sigh...anyway...she started with ballet class :)

 


 We met such a great group of girls and moms...they were my lifeline back then...we keep in touch somewhat but it is hard as the kids get older and get busier and busier but will always have a soft spot in my heart for this group!





Since that first year,  we have meet some wonderful people over the years....and Diana added to her skill set by also picking up jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary, ballroom and even musical theater dance to her repertoire.


We went on to Carlene Nazarian Dance Center and then Londonderry Dance Academy where we spent several years and participated in their Nutcracker.


Eva started dancing at Carlene Nazarian at Age 2 and then moved over to LDA as well.




My duties as a Dance Mom got more and more involved over the years...especially during Nutcracker Season when I joined the Tech Crew.




I learned the best brands of leotards and tights and shoes of course....BIG Shout Out to The Dancer's Closet in Nashua  NH- LOVE Linda especially for pointe shoe fittings!



This year we moved to Elite Feet Artists Company right here in town again and this year is our first time stepping into the Dance Comp World...two weeks ago I was with Diana in Boston for the first comp and despite the training I have had over the years...and the endless episodes of Dance Moms I have watched...I don't think I was nearly prepared for how overwhelming this would all be...eek!  Not only is this pricey but demanding and emotional and stressful if I am being honest.  



Anyway, we made the most of it and I was proud of Diana and her ability to hold it all together.

 


 



One of the little things that is helping us through are the little finds on Amazon that work and keep Diana organized so I thought I would share them with you.  


I am dedicating My Friday Favorites to these gems this week and hope if you are a Dance Mom you pick up a new fave or two!  Here we go...



Clips

 

Find them HERE

 

Perfect accessory for securing the hair AND adding a little bling

 


 




Bare Minerals Tinted Moisturizer


Find it HERE

 

Not as heavy as some foundations or pancake makeup and yet gives full coverage and a nice color!


 





 

Pure Ziva Onyx Eye Shadow

Find it HERE


This one gave a nice, dark and dramatic look and really helped the eyes to pop on stage






Setting Spray


Find it HERE

 

This helps to set it all once the face is done.  It makes the makeup last longer for sure!

 


 



Hairspray


Check it out HERE

 

Looking for industrial strength?  Here it is friends!


 



Will definitely have more suggestions as we go through this season...have a feeling I will be writing a comedy piece or two as well...that is when I can laugh a little more and be a little less stressed!  Happy Friday My friends!

 

 

Linking up for Friday Favorites HERE


8 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Loved reading this Holly! Did you know that I had a dance mom blog for a few years? I chronicled EVERYTHING about competition dance! It was a fun outlet. Of course I knew it would end and it got hard to justify the time for two blogs so I let it go before Abby was done dancing. But I loved writing about it and of course I love reading your dance posts. (I used to write about products, too, which is why your post reminded me of my dance blog!) Diana has had such a fun and successful career- you will not be sorry that you documented everything that you have so far.

Holly said...

@Maria I remember you saying that! Wish I had started reading your blog sooner! I am open to any of your advice at anytime :)

Andrea Nine said...

This definitely brought me joy reading it! I loved the throwback pictures! You have to be the best dance, mom ever! Those little barrettes are so cute too. Happy weekend, sweetheart!

Natasha said...

Rachel has been dancing since she was three and we are just starting to get to the stage where it feels like it is ramping up because she LOVES it and wants to be involved in EVERYTHING! I am definitely going to be looking into the setting spray and hairspray for performance weekends. Thankfully Rachel hasn't expressed any interest in competitions (and we'd have to move to a different studio for that) so I think we'll get to stay away from that. Our biggest stress in the year is RAD dance exams. And anytime I have to do Rachel's makeup! Hahahahahaha!!!

Good Better Best Food said...

As a former dancer myself, and a boy mom, I am here for all the dance competition posts. Plus I am always up for Good product recommendations. Stay warm friend!

Patty
GoodBetterBestLife.net

Sunshine and Books said...

This was fun to read! I have no idea what being a dance mom is like, except for the long hours and lots of practicing! How nice to be at a studio in town. My rule for a long time was we don't sign up for anything outside our zip code. It is so much more convenient. Did Eva move to Elite Feet with Diana? Have a great weekend!

Joanne said...

Ooh, adding those blinged out hair clips to my own cart!

Ruth said...

That was fun reading about your life as a dance mum. Your girls were so little and cute when they started. I've watched a few episodes of Dance Moms and wondered how realistic it is with all the drama? It's great that Diana handled the comp stress well, it must have been tough. Good on her and you Holly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...