-->

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Currently: January 2024

 


Hi Friends!  I am here with Jennifer for her first Currently Linkup for 2024!


This month we are talking what we are currently loving, looking forward to, resolving, doing to stay cozy this month, and cooking. So much fun so let's get to it!




Loving

 


How fun our January is going to be.  I have never described January as fun I will tell you that- usually it is my most dreaded month of the year- I dislike winter and such.  This year, however, we are entering the Dance Competition world and most will take place this month.  I am looking forward to seeing Diana compete and check out this fascinating world since I have been following along with Dance Moms for years.  First up is Boston this weekend! 




Looking Forward To

 


 In addition to the Dance Comps, I am looking forward to a long weekend with besties in Florida at the end of the month- just what the doctor ordered



 

Resolving

 


To have a better year with work- I know so many things are out of my control but a positive mindset leads the way to success and I am determined! Failure is not an option

 

 

 

Doing To Stay Cozy This Month

 

 


All the things- dressing in layers- wearing warm shoes/slippers- drinking coffee- making soup and lighting some of my favorite candles while reading or watching t.v. with a fuzzy blanket and my personal fave HEATED YOGA :)

 

 

 Cooking



Well I have to say I am proud of my meal planning in 2023- you will see that post/recap tomorrow.  It has been working for our family for the last few years so I am continuing that in 2024 and just meal planned for the first two weeks of the month.  Here is what our menu looks like:


Monday- (New Year's Day) Marinated Steak Tips on the Grill, Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes

Tuesday- Chicken Tortilla Bake

Wednesday- Grilled Chicken Salads with Rolls

Thursday- Linguine with Shrimp and Vodka Sauce with Broccoli

Friday- Friday Night Pizza Night at Home- Mama and Diana eating at hotel in Boston during Dance Comp

Saturday- Mama and Diana eating again at hotel in Boston- Takeout/Out for Daddy and Pidge

Sunday- Soup in the Crockpot 


Monday- Beef and Broccoli Skillet in Tomato Sauce

Tuesday- Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie

Wednesday- Turkey Burgers with Pickles and Sweet Potato Tots

Thursday- Pasta Shells with Sauce and Ricotta with Broccoli

Friday- Friday Night Pizza Night!

Saturday- Takeout

Sunday- Soup in the Crockpot




Looking forward to seeing what's happening with YOU currently!

6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

The dance competition world- YES!! As you know, that was my world for eleven years. So much fun, stress, elation, sadness but mostly JOY when you see your daughter perform her best and do what she loves (some of the stress/ sadness comes when the judging doesn´t go the way you think it should, lol). You will love the competitions- so much energy and so fun. Diana will rock the stage like she does and love it beyond belief. Your trip with friends looks amazing. Alyssa and I just planned a get away and I can´t wait. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I'm so glad you're linking up with me again this year! Thanks for that, friend. I am intrigued by heated yoga...what is that, exactly? I've heard of hot yoga, but not this one. It may be the same? I love the color of your leggings and the polish on your toes...I'm over the color on mine and want to go get them redone this week. Your meals sound delicious! I can't wait to read that post tomorrow. I need to be better with meal planning!

Joanne said...

Best of luck to your girls at the dance competitions! It sounds like you have some really delicious meals planned for the first few weeks.

Sunshine and Books said...

I’m curious to see your meal planning strategy!! Florida sounds so wonderful right now!! I’m excited for dance competitions for you guys. Happy January!

Jennifer White said...

Your meals sound amazing...as does a trip to the beach. I hope you have a wonderful January...and dance competitions are so fun. I miss it.

Natasha said...

I am excited to observe dance competition world through your eyes since I don't want to step into myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...