-->

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Monthly Musings: Self Care Edition- January 2024

 



Hi Friends!  Patty and I are so glad you stopped by!  We hope you will join us this year as we continue our Monthly Musings Link Up!  This month we are talking self care...see our questions below...




So here we go...

 

 

1. How Do You Take Care Of Yourself in Winter?

 


 Ummmm...not well?  I really dislike winter so I get kind of crabby...I try to remember to moisturize my skin and get weekly exercise but sometimes I get lazy and don't want to leave the house and sigh as I stare at my dry and flaky legs...eek...any tips in this department?

 

 

2. How Do You Fight The Winter Blues?

 


 

Looking to you for advice here...I try to focus on the fun of winter like Valentine's Fun and indoor activities...this year we have some dance comps to break up the season too but would love your tips!

 

 

 

3. Tips to Make Your Living Space Cozy?

 


 

Light those candles....add warm and fuzzy blankets...keep your lighting low/dim....that is the essence of coziness in my book...bonus?  If you light a fire...perfection!

 

 

4.  Suggestions for Fun Wintertime Activities?

 

(Photo is Evidence of the first time Eva was on skates at 18 months old- she loved the iced and cried when we took her off!)
 

Indoor pools...indoor hot tubs...skating...sledding...tubing....again, we are not winter people so you won't see me saying skiing or anything crazy like that ;)




5. What Are Your Exercise Routines in the Winter?

 


 

More heated yoga and gym classes...we still try to get outside for walks when we can stand the cold too




6. Best Tips for Restful Sleep?

 


 

A shower before bed often times calms me down...I also like to read before bed...that gets me sleepy...I wish I had tips on how to stay asleep...I wake up every night for 1-2 hours...one of the benefits of 50 ;)



7. Favorite Warm Beverage?

 


COFFEE :)



8. Best Winter Skincare Tips?

 


 

Moisturize...moisturize...moisturize!  

I don't know about you but my skin is extra dry in the winter due to the cold and the harsh oil heat inside...I even add Aquaphor to my eyelids before bed sometimes to prevent cracking




9. Flannel Sheets?  Yes or No?

 

I don't have any but YES!  They sound wonderful!


 

10. Favorite Winter Pajamas?

 

My flannel Christmas PJ bottoms and a tank top...comfy and the perfect temperature for me



Can't wait to read all of your advice and tips!


Check out our topics for the rest of the year too...






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

You look so cute in your parka coat! Winter can take its toll but it looks like you´ve found some great ways to combat the winter blues with decor and celebrations. Heated yoga sounds delightful! Have a great Thursday!

Natasha said...

How do you not have flannel sheets?!?!? I'm like you -- I endure winter, I don't LOVE it. And yes, hot tubs are the best when it's cold!

Nicolle - Our Tiny Nest said...

Oh I love to read! And I loveee Elin Hildebrand! Also on the moisturizing train over here and have you tried the viral snail mucin? It's amazing!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Holly, I had fun reading your answers. Thanks for hosting and I love the topic this month. I hope you stay warm and cozy!

Pamela said...

Love this link up, thanks for hosting. Moisturize...moisturize...moisturize, that's the word of the season for winter!

Holly said...

@Nicolle- I have not tried it- thanks for the tip- will def give it a shot! :)

Joanne said...

It really can feel like such a long season when I'm just trying to grin and bear it. I try to embrace it as much as I can but having broken my leg skiing... winter is not my favorite. :)

Good Better Best Food said...

You are always so Good about your hot yoga. Love being partners with you friend! Cheers to 2024 Monthly Musings.

Kym said...

If I had an indoor hot tub - or any hot tub! - that would be my favorite winter activity by far! Goals!! Stay warm!

MandyJoyLoves♥ said...

Hey there! When and/or where do you post the questions for each month? =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...