-->

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Let's Look: How We Organize Our Closets

 




Hi Friends!  I am joining Erika and Shay and linking up HERE.  It's another edition of "Let's Look" and this month we are talking about how we organize our closets.

 

 

I can't wait to read what you all have to say because I could seriously use some advice in this area.

 

 

Anyway, I will explain a few things and maybe you can take something from what I have to share, who knows!

 

 

Purge and Donate

 


We do this about twice a year- at least once for the girls and a few times during the year for Rob and me.  When we donate, we tend to go to Goodwill and we donate several bags of clothing and accessories at once!

 

 

Like Items Stored Together

 


I have clothing racks in one of my closets and I try to group the items by type- All White on One Rack, All Black on another- Spring tops on one rack and business attire on another.  Shoes are stored against the wall, on the floor in rows



Putting Laundry Away Immediately

 



I hate clutter...it stresses me out...if you ask Diana, she doesn't know how to live without it..ha!  So we just close her bedroom door ;)  Anyway, Rob is our Laundry King in this house and as soon as he hangs my laundry, once it is dried, I carry it all up and put it away so I stay organized and less stressed!



 How do you organize your closets?  I need some inspiration :)

 

13 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Organization is not my forte, unfortunately. I do (almost!) always put laundry away right away. My closet is not organized much at all. Alyssa organizes her tops by colors in her closet which looks really neat and organized. But being younger, she has less due to not needing a variety a styles like business casual, dressy, casual, etc that I have due to being an adult and needing a variety of types of tops.

Natasha said...

Dave and I share a closet so that motivates me to not store too much stuff there. I agree that donating regularly is a good way to keep one's closet organized. And putting things away.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Todd and I share our closet, so I get the large section with one long bar, and he gets the smaller section with a top and bottom bar. Does that make sense? We keep our shoes stored in a row on the floor underneath our clothes, and we try to keep things neat and organized. I don't even have a seasonal closet, so all my summer things (dresses and tops) are on the left side, then I hang pants, vests, short sleeves, long sleeves, sweatshirts/sweaters, and my Christmas things are on the right. I also really like to keep things organized by color. It's not a life-changing system, but it works for me. I'm continually rearranging, hanging, organizing, and purging, too. I had a major closet cleanout right after Christmas, and it was much needed!

Ruth said...

Yes to grouping items by type, makes getting dressed so much easier and your closet looks neater too!

Rightupmyaliway said...

I do not like clutter either! Stresses me out! I feel overwhelmed and like it's closing in on me too! Haha!

Good Better Best Food said...

So I couldn't even participate in this one because I am so challenged in the closet organizing realm..Going to work on this more when I have more time on my hands next year!

Joanne said...

I don't like clutter either... I put all my laundry away right away. I have been down for the count since Saturday with a bad head cold/virus and just walking around the house seeing how cluttered it has gotten is driving me nutty!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

My husband and I are constantly going through our closet sorting through to donate to Goodwill. I am the same as you and put my clean laundry away right away!

My Glittery Heart said...

I can't handle clutter either!! I really need to clean out my closet right now! HA

Sunshine and Books said...

Jeff is our laundry king, too!! I wish I was better at putting it away immediately. I think it would help a bunch! I am curious about your closet racks. Do they attach to the wall or are they free standing?

Holly said...

@Joanne wishing you a speedy recovery!

Holly said...

@Sarah they are free standing with wheels on them- snagged them on Amazon!

Jennifer White said...

I try to stay on top of the laundry too...and put it away ASAP. I'm good a leaving it in the dryer for a while though...haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...