-->

Monday, January 8, 2024

Hello Monday 2024 (January 8, 2024)

 


Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Sarah and I are so glad you are here!  Welcome to Hello Monday 2024!  If you blogged today, please grab our NEW graphic above and link back up with us below!  Looking forward to a great year with you :)

 

 

We are coming off a whirlwind of a weekend and Diana's very first dance competition at Radix Boston, which was all consuming!  Here is what our little weekend looked like...




Friday

 

 I worked until noon then dismissed Diana and we headed into Boston.  We checked into the hotel, the Westin Boston Seaport where everything happened over the weekend.  Once we unloaded our bags, we headed down to the pub to grab lunch.  A little documenting first...


 


After that, we headed to the "meeting spot" where she could stretch and then Miss Amy, her Director, came to do her hair and makeup and run her number a few times (she was competing with her solo number on Friday night)














 

Show Time!



She did a great job- she competed with a lyrical solo


This is her dance team- all there to support each other


Hugs from the littles!





Getting her company jacket :)








Saturday


The dancers were up bright and early and met for a team photo before heading into their individual convention classes


After Diana was settled, I headed up to our room to get some work done and do a little reading

 

I observed a few times- such a cool opportunity!

 


 



Then Diana had an audition.  She had to perform a jazz combo and a ballet combo and she slayed!  She was named a Protege Finalist!  Huge accomplishment for her first time out :)

 

Her Director snapped this shot in the room as they were announcing the results

and of course I snapped a few pics after with her certificate :)


Meanwhile, at home, Dad was on hockey duty!  Not a great game from what I heard but life goes on ;)


After this, the day took a turn for the worse.  One of Diana's teammates and duet partner got injured in class.  As a result, Miss Amy decided to pull the rest of their comp numbers that day and night.  We got to enjoy watching the younger kids compete and they came out with several awards but it was very disappointing for Diana and the kids and me if I am being honest.  


We hung with our friends Kary and Kevin and their family in the pub then headed to bed early.



Sunday


We ate a quick breakfast in the room and then Diana was off to her final day of convention classes!


I spent the morning doing a little more work, reading and I started to watch the series, "The Act" on Hulu which is based on the Gypsy Rose Blanchard story.  SO GOOD!

Then my knight in shining armor came to join me and life became much more fun.  I walked him around and showed him all of the dance rooms, etc and we had lunch in the pub together which was fun and a great way to kill time.  I even had him pose on the red carpet- we were dying! 

 



We observed another couple of classes too...





Then it was time for the final show and awards and Diana was a Protegee Runner Up


Great experience- exhausting weekend- mixed emotions

 

Then it was time to head home and battle snowy roads during a big storm- ugh- so glad we got home safely!

 

 

How was your weekend?  Can't wait to read all about what you were all up to!

 

 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Congrats to Diana at her first dance competition!! I read in the news this morning that your area had received a lot of snow. The first thing I thought of was what if the competition had been cancaled? I would have been so disappointed, lol!, because I was so curious as to how it went. I was sending Diana good vibes all weekend!! It looks like such a success- yes, too bad the director pulled some of the dances but I´m sure she had the dancers´ best interests in mind. Sorry you had a snowy drive home but you made it and the competition was not canceled at least... have a great Monday! PS. Diana looks beautiful and her solo costume is so pretty!

Natasha said...

Wow! A weekend of mixed emotions for sure. Congratulations to Diana for doing so well and dealing with disappointment too. Glad you had a safe trip home.

Andrea Nine said...

Your girl is AHHMAZING! Congrats to her, I know you already know this, but she is going to go far in this world, both of them are because you are an amazing mama!

My Glittery Heart said...

I love Diana's love for dance!! Congrats to her!!

Tanya said...

It sounds like such a weekend of ups and downs. Glad you all got home safely in all that snow.

Sunshine and Books said...

Congratulations to Diana for a successful first competition! I am sorry that they didn't get to compete as planned. I hear dance competition weekends are intense, but it looks like you made the best of it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...