-->

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Summer Bucket List and Summertime Faves

 

 

 

Hi Friends!  Since it is officially summer and so many of you have been inspiring me with your summertime faves and summer bucket lists, I thought I would share both with you today!

 

I am going to start with my personal Bucket List...then share with you the Girl's Summer List that was completed this week and I will wrap up with some of my all time Summertime Faves.

 

Truth be told, we have been stuck in a cool and rainy weather pattern here in New England and I am not liking it.  I NEED real Summer Weather please STAT!

 

But alas, I document it all so I can look back and remember this beautiful life.  So..let's get to it.....

 


 

 

 

Visit Italy

 


I am turning 50 this year and wanted to do a few special things especially when almost a year ago I didn't even think I would be here.  I want to live life to the fullest. Am I nervous to travel to Europe?  Yup BUT I am forcing myself to leave my comfort zone and I am grateful that some of my besties will be with me so we can experience this together.  The best part though?  My whole little fam will be with me and I am excited for us to experience it all together.  So...Laurel and Tom are going to act as our tour guides and we will start in Rome for a few days and then travel down to the Amalfi Coast.  We are going to stay in Sorrento and travel from there to places like Positano and Capri which I have always dreamed of!  I can't wait to see the Vatican in Rome and then smell the lemons on Capri :) 

 

 

See Shania Twain

 


So Cass and I have seen her in concert three times together already - twice in our twenties- once in 2017 and now we are going in July AND we are bringing our oldest daughters so we are introducing them to this legend and get to experience her with them at the Xfinity Center in nearby Mansfield MA.  We are all very excited...it's Shania...the Next Generation :)

 

 

4th of July Weekend at The Lake

 




Laurel and Tom have invited us once again to celebrate the 4th at their lake house.  The holiday falls on a Tuesday this year which is weird BUT we will be up there the previous weekend and hoping for great weather so we can get out on the boat.  Regardless, even when it rained all weekend, two years ago, we had a blast with our besties. On the actual 4th this year, we will be heading to the Callahan's for a big bash they planned so looking forward to that as well!




Beach Time



I can't wait to get my feet in the ocean and in the sand.  We have been so crazy busy and the weather has not cooperated so I am not sure when I will get there...it is my favorite place on earth...a New England beach that is...anyhow...it is on the list so it has to happen! ;)




Pool Time




Grateful for our pool and can't wait to swim with my girls this summer



Mommy Daughter Boogie Board Day




Another bucket list item that includes the beach...yes...this year Eva will be joining us for our 10th Annual!




Visit Dawn in NYC!



My BFF from High School, Dawn, turns 50 this year too and we agreed to meet up in NYC to celebrate together.  She lives in NJ.  So we are meeting up for a quick 24 hour weekend at the end of July.  We are doing lunch in the new Barbie Cafe (you need to check it out online). We got matching 50th shirts that will match with Barbie's decor and at night we are heading to a Gatsby experience (dinner and interactive show) right in our hotel- the Park Central Hotel.  I will fly out the next morning.  Looking forward to celebrating together and catching up for sure.



The Girls' Summer List


This list never gets old...it is so fun to put together and this year, without being too aggressive, I think we can make it all happen...yeah!

 

and now...here are some of my all time Summertime Faves 

 


 

The beach...and New England Beaches to be more specific

 


 

 

Pool Time....the way the sun shines on the water and makes it glisten

 


 

 

Popsicles...Bom Pops...and will always remember and love the Popsicle Bathing Suit from Gymboree...both girls got to wear it

 



 


 

The sound of the Summer Cicadas

 


Road Trips

 


 

Surprise Lunches

 


 

 

 

Sandals...Flip Flops...Sun Dresses

 

 


 

 

 

Cool Water Perfume

 

 


 

 

 

 

Corn On The Cob....Watermelon...Cooking On The Grill

 

 



 

Golfing

 


 



Early Morning Walks before the World Wakes Up

 


Lobster and Lobster Rolls

 




Flowers....Herbs and Plants...Everything in Full Bloom

 


 

The Season

 


 

 Ah...that was fun...pure bliss

 

 

 

6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Loved reading all of this! Your upcoming birthday celebrations (AMAZING!) and how much you enjoy summer. You are in a great place to enjoy summer being so close to the ocean and having a pool in your backyard. The weather will get there... maybe eventually but it will be worth the wait. Thanks for taking us along on your adventures. I don't know how you have time to do all the things AND write about them but I'm glad that you do :).

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Such a great list! Sounds like you have a FUN summer planned and I'm excited to read about it! I have to confess that I'm jealous about where you live- I love New England and I would love to have lobster rolls made with the daily catch fresh out of water. YUMM! Do you prefer yours the hot or the cold way? I like mine cold, so is that the Maine way?

Holly said...

@Maria thank you Maria- I tend to write early mornings during my quiet time :)

Holly said...

@Jennifer I like mine cold too! I think it is the Maine way? Ha! :)

Tanya said...

You have a wonderful summer planned, and hopefully the weather will cooperate soon. I can't wait to hear about Italy...no place like it! You'll love it!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow Holly, how fun it will be to go to Italy! Going to the Barbie Cafe with your friend sounds like a lot of fun. I love your summer bucket list and I hope you have a great summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...