-->

Monday, June 26, 2023

Hello Monday and Hello Summah 2023!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Sarah and I are so happy you are here!  I hope wherever you are, you are living your best summer lives!  

If you blogged about your weekend, grab our graphic above and link back up with us below.  Can't wait to see what you have been up to!

For us, I am going to start on Thursday and share it all through last night!  Here we go!


Thursday


I wanted to spend as much time with my girls last week before they start their camps this week so on my lunch break I took them to a couple of fun stops.  First, we went to Mc Questen farm in nearby Litchfield and went Strawberry Picking!  It was so much fun!











and then we enjoyed seeing a peacock (even though he wasn't cooperating and fanning his feathers- oh well)






After that, I brought them to Barnes and Noble to get a couple of their summer reads- I haven't been there in ages.  What is it about a bookstore and the smell of new pages that makes me swoon?  Not sure but I was in my happy place in the middle of some delicious and exciting cookbooks for sure




When we got home, I washed the berries....
 


and packed them up.  Then I headed back to work but not before I caught a glimpse of this...
 

already reading (and yes in the pool)...glad they took after me with their love of reading :)


That night, I headed to Book Club at Dawna's.  She is always the bestest hostess and I thoroughly enjoyed our night.  It was Book Club #26 and we read "The Bucket List" by Rachel Hanna.  It was a quick, light and fun read and Dawna had us go around the table and talk about some bucket list items.  That was the best part!






Friday


I headed to mass first thing and while I was gone, Tina picked up Diana so she could take her and Harry to breakfast to say their goodbyes.  He is headed off to the Harid for their summer intensive program.  He will be back at the end of July for a week and a half but then he is gone for good when he heads back there.  Diana is having a very hard time saying goodbye but theirs is a friendship that will last for sure
 


While I was working, I got this surprise from my work best Janie...she always knows when I need a little extra love...she is amazing
 



A little while later while I worked, Cass picked up Diana for a fun day with her and her girls.  (She is Diana's Godmother).  They went and had massages, did a little shopping at the mall and then went and had her ears pierced- BIG DAY :)
 
 




The biggest part of the day...oh my gosh...she was nervous!





She did it!



Grateful that Cass sent me the play by play :)
Haven't seen my girl this happy in awhile.

After that, we met up for dinner at Copper Door...needed to snap a pic of these two...such a special relationship
 


Girls Night!
 





Saturday

Then it was softball ALL WEEKEND...we took off for Barrington first thing on Saturday but not before a Date Walk (I was just thinking about the thousand things I needed to pack so I forgot to snap a pick)

Anyway, on the ride up we listened to the West Side Story soundtrack...we were all on board...well maybe except for one of us...can you guess who?  HA!


It was a great day of softball with one loss and two big wins!  BONUS?  I spotted a couple of Blackout Shirts so we are entering these awesome softball dads into our raffle!












My parents even came to a game but I forgot to snap a pic- BOO


After the games were done for the day, Papa took us out to dinner...we were all feeling like Pidge- ha!
 

 
On the way home, the sky was beautiful...oh and the soundtrack on the way home was Mamma Mia ;)



We crashed early and heard!



Sunday

Rob, Eva and Papa headed back up to Barrington.  Diana cleaned her room and I headed to mass to say Goodbye to Monsieur Anthony- I am just a little devastated and have had a pain in my heart all weekend.  He has been recruited to be the new Vicor for the Archdiocese for the U.S Military and is moving to D.C today- my heart
 


Will miss him always and feel lucky that we had him for even two years- he made us all better people.

After mass, I picked up Diana and we headed up to Barrington to meet the rest of the fam.  Sad to say it was a one game day- the girls fought hard- played a great game but lost



There were many tears after the game- it marks the end of this tournament season and this exact tournament team and they will miss each other so much- such a great group of players and parents.

There will be a bonus tournament later in July but not all families could commit so the team will look a little different.


After the game, Eva was cheered up when her bestie Charlotte invited her over.  Her parents cheered them up with McD's 
 


 
and then swimming with mermaid tails- so cute!





Diana and I went for a swim at home while Daddy mowed the lawn and then I got lots of organizing done for the summer.
 



 
We wrapped our night up by making our very first batch of jam!  We made one batch of strawberry jam from the berries we picked on Thursday!  We are actually going to make another batch tonight when we are all home...can't wait!  (Recipe coming soon!)
 
 



 
 
 So...how was your weekend?
 
One more thing!  Don't forget to come back here on Thursday!  Patty and I are hosting Monthly Musings and we are talking ALL things SUMMER FUN...cannot wait!  See our questions below :)
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Ruth said...

The strawberry picking looks like so much fun! I am sitting here in the cold really enjoying reading all about your summer days and I can almost imagine the delicious smell of strawberry jam!

Maria Rineer said...

Such fun, Holly! Congrats to Diana on getting her ears pieced. Fun milestone! Strawberry picking looks fun, too. Sorry that that the softball season ended without winning the tournament but everyone looks like they had a great time. Love the pics with the girls on the inflatables with their new books. So cool that they love to read and a what a perfect way to do that. Have a great Monday!

Joanne said...

We just went strawberry picking this morning! I was thinking of making jam again; we haven't made any strawberry jam in a few years and it was a huge hit with the family. It sounds like you had such a busy weekend. Love the ear piercing photos!!

MandyJoyLoves♥ said...

I don't know if it's the way she curled her hair, but Diana has THE best hair! So cute! Love the ear piercing photos, she looked so happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...