-->

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Chicken Blueberry Feta Salad

 


Hi Friends!  I thought I was WAY overdue for sharing a recipe with you. What is better this time of year than a cold, crisp salad?  Not much- ha!  I like to get creative with my salads in the summer and recently found this recipe.  I tweaked it a bit and LOVE it....I thought you may too.

 
With grilled chicken, blueberries, feta and a balsamic vinaigrette over mixed greens, this salad is filling yet light and nutritious. Perfect for hot summer days when you need something light, healthy and easy
 
Ingredients
  
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
  • 6 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 
  • 1/2 clove garlic, minced 
  • 1 tbsp honey 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 1/8 tsp pepper  
 
For the Chicken Salad:
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  • Salt and pepper 
  • 4 cups spring mix greens 
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 1/4 cups blueberries 
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion 
  • 1 cup chopped cucumber 
  • 3/4 cup crumbled feta
 
Instructions

  • To make the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and whisk together well. If using a mason jar, you can also give it a good shake to combine. Set aside. 
 

  • Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper, then grill over high heat for 6-8 minutes per side. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then slice. 
 
  • In a large bowl, add the spring mix, then top with cranberries, blueberries, onion, cucumber and feta. Top with sliced chicken, then toss with the vinaigrette.Divide salad between 2 or 3 plates and enjoy!













6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Looks so good! I will try it soon. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea Nine said...

This sounds like my kind of salad. I will definitely try it!

The Style Fanatic said...

Looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Bernie,
The Style Fanatic

Rightupmyaliway said...

This looks delicious!! I can't wait to try it this summer!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Holly, thank you for the salad recipe. It looks delicious and one that I'll have try.

Joanne said...

This sounds delicious!! I love adding fresh fruit to my salads in summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...