-->

Thursday, October 10, 2019

10 on the 10th

Thanks to Sarah at Sunshine and Books, I learned about Whitney over at The Perfectly Imperfect Mama



I am joining in on her fun linkup and sharing 10 of my favorite books/movies/shows....sharing a few of each for you today.

Linking up  HERE


 Books


Sophia Of Silicon Valley- By Anna Yen


This was my favorite book last year and I would love to read it again....I just related to Sophia so much and it brought back many memories for me as I started my career in the staffing world- I could not put this book down!

 

Night Road- Kristin Hannah

 Another 2018 fave and our very first book for Book Club...this one helped me prepare for what it will be like to mother teenagers....it shared lessons in motherhood, real life, grief and surviving...just incredible



 Blue Bistro- By Elin Hilderbrand


So Elin Hilderbrand is typically my favorite author. I had to share one of her books in this list. Unfortunately I have not been crazy about her two newest books BUT I love the rest of them and Blue Bistro was my favorite.  When I met her the first time, she had explained to the group that it was her favorite to write too....it is the perfect mix of romance, Nantucket and food set in a famous restaurant on the island- pure bliss!



Shows


So....what I am doing in this category is pretty much sharing the shows that I have LOVED to binge watch and will watch again because I can't get enough....the last one on the list is my favorite current show...here we go



Smash




Just finished binge-watching it and watched it when it was on until they cancelled it.  What is it with theater shows?  Ugh!  This one is perfect for all you theater geeks out there....it truly shows you all the behind scenes of life on and off Broadway...could NOT get enough...and Rob and Diana jumped in on the fun too..we were all obsessed



Friday Night Lights



This was the first show that Rob and I binge-watched on Netflix thanks to Zach's recommendation and he did not let us down.  We just wished we had watched it during his high school football years but nonetheless, it brought back wonderful memories for us and we could not stop watching it...truly shows you the importance of football down south and everything that goes into that in small town Texas


 How I Met Your Mother


This was the second series that we binge-watched and again we can thank Zach for another amazing recommendation.  Boy did we laugh during this one...so funny and loved getting to know each character!



A Million Little Things


and Finally my favorite current show...this one is just the perfect mix of love, drama, tragedy and friendship... I am obsessed and it is set in Boston so what more could I want?

Well there are so many more shows I love and I have been completely honest, I think that Beverly Hills 90210 was one of the best shows of all time in its day...so there's that...but I only have so much time to write in the morning, before my crazy days start so there!


Movies



This is a tough one but I am going to do my best to share my top 3 of all time.....



Titanic




Hands down my favorite film of all time.  I went to the theater to see it SIX times when it came out....a couple of times I was all by myself and if you knew my 25 year old self, that would shock you...I was so self-conscious I wouldn't go anywhere alone....that is how much I loved this dramatic romance film



My Best Friend's Wedding



Any wedding movie becomes a fave of mine...two others really stand out as faves too...Something Borrowed and Father Of The Bride but my top pick in this category is My Best Friend's Wedding..the perfect mix of wedding details, comedy and heartache all set in Chicago (which is a bucket list city for me!)


and lastly,

Places In The Heart




I watched this one as a child and was so touched by this story of racism and what is was like to battle that down south, family and community...Sally Field did not disappoint...I have watched it since and I am still as moved


So that's my 10- can't wait to read yours!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

It's because of Places in the Heart (and many of Sally Field's other movies) that I gave the show Brothers and Sister's a try and just loved it. She is such a great actress. I love Kristin Hannah books but haven't yet read that one. I'll have to get it from my library next.

Good Better Best Food said...

Can you believe I have never seen Friday Night Lights? I feel like I would like it. Thanks for the reminder that I should try to binge.

Have a Good weekened sweet Holly!
Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Big fan of A Million Little Things over here. It is about the only show I watch intentionally. The rest of the time the TV is just background noise. Pinned your post and saved Night Road to my Goodread's to-read shelf. Thanks for the suggestion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...